V-Smile Cyber Pocket vs. Leapster?

Holly

I've been set on getting my kids Leapsters for Christmas this year since before last Christmas.
But My walmart has a ton of the V-Smile Cyber Pockets clearanced out for $15 (down from $50). Anyone ever had both? Which one did you like the best?
I'm thinking about still getting them Leapsters but also getting one of the V-Smile for our CA trip in 2 weeks but they would probably fight over it if we only had one.

ADS

rochelle

I dont have a Leapster. We bought the V-smiles for both my boys for $15 at Walmart more than a year ago.

Leapster and V-smile use different cartridges. for us its very easy to get cheap cartridges for V-smile at Walmart and Target so thats why we did not get the Leapster.

For your CA trip, when the sun is shining on the screen, your kids won't be able to see anything. If the car windows are tinted or you have those suction "sunscreen", than its okay.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
WE have 2 cyber pockets here. I like them. I researched them vs. the leapster and decided on the vtech. At this point, we have probably a dozen games. For $15, it's well worth it. Guven the aweseom new kids electronics that have come out, i probabkly wouldnt buy a full price, or even slightly on sale vsmile or leapster...the new fishpreice iXL or the vtech mobigo, which both have touch screens and are much more grown up looking (the ixl looks like an ipod touich and the mobigo looks like a texting phone) and closer to say, a nintendo DS in function.

But for $15, the cyber pockets are well worth it. Just beware what they come with though....when we bought ours, the boys one came with an alien game which is hard, for older kids, and kate at almost 6 still cant play it (you basically need to be able to read) and the girls came with an Ariel game which again, is for the middle age bracket, although she can pay that one now. (the age brackets a 3-5, 4-6 and 6-8) You will need to buy at least one game from the 3-5 range for your girls, I'm certain.....the games are pretty hard and not fun otherwise, if they are too hard.

vamom

Have both. Ds enjoys both. Vsmile games cheaper and work with his tv system, which he got when younger and just had to have the joystick. I like the leapster games better. There is a new leapster, teh explorer, which hooks to teh computer to go to leapland, and you can get "apps" for it. There are e books, games, and all kinds of stuff coming for it.

Ds wants it, but I am trying to steer him away since he is almost 8.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC