Uh Oh!! Big Nautilus Problem!!!!

labdogs42

Whee! I'm glad my plane pictures are getting such mileage! I think I"m going to move the harness and headrest down for DS. I think his shoulders were right AT that slot, so maybe I have a little time before I have to move them up. Hopefully, when I go to move them back up, maybe he'll be tall enough that the headrest will be in a better position for him then. It would be great if the headrest had some kind of infinite adjust!

I'm glad that a lot of people think this isn't actually going to be a real issue. That makes me feel better about having him in that seat for a whole week while we were at Disney!!

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I dont remember who posted, but isnt their someone on the board who has the GN with a dd who has a torso of 17" also?

Actually, I think her siggy pic is of her dd sitting in her GN. I dont remember her posting anything about there being a problem with hers.

that's me!

I haven't hadan issue with it at all.

they are recessed and as long as her temples aren't at the guides, I'm fine.

The temples are soft... there isn't as thick of boning there, which is why I'd be concerned on that score. But I've played with Ruthie's head when she's sleeping (testing what it would look like in a crash... and there is just no way her temples (or even her ears) are going to hit those guides.

aimeeandaaron

I had a different wrinkle to this problem that I thought I'd share in case it helps someone.

I read this thread and initially was wondering because my son is exactly the size of the kids that have had problems and I didn't remember having one. I put the harness in the top slots and remembered the headrest being at exactly the right spot.

The seat is in dh's car, so I went and looked at it and noticed that the headrest was actually too low and covering the straps - I know I didn't put it that way when I installed it.

After fiddling with the headrest a bit, it seems that in my seat there is a spot that seems like a slot for the headrest, but isn't, that is right at the right spot for the top straps. The headrest snaps in there, seems to stay in place, so I left it there thinking it was a real slot. If you push down hard though, it falls down to the lower slot (if you pull up without pushing the lever, it will not move). I set it there when I was setting up the seat, and I guess at some point it moved itself down to the lower slots.

(Now I have it in the higher slot, and I'll have to wait to see how ds looks in the seat, but at least I read this and caught the problem!)

jennmw

Ok, I'm new here but have been eyeing this thread because I just got the Nautilus and put it together yesterday and I have the exact same problem. Right now my son's shoulders are even with the 2nd from the top slot so I want to move him up to the next slot but like others that means the headwings aren't positioned right and above the 2".

Sooo, after reading all this I'm still confused so is this right:
The headrest can not overlap the harness straps so position the headrest so they aren't overlapping eventhough the belt guides will not be at or just above the shoulders?

magoose

I noticed this too in the store and know exactly what you mean. Anna

I had a different wrinkle to this problem that I thought I'd share in case it helps someone.

I read this thread and initially was wondering because my son is exactly the size of the kids that have had problems and I didn't remember having one. I put the harness in the top slots and remembered the headrest being at exactly the right spot.

The seat is in dh's car, so I went and looked at it and noticed that the headrest was actually too low and covering the straps - I know I didn't put it that way when I installed it.

After fiddling with the headrest a bit, it seems that in my seat there is a spot that seems like a slot for the headrest, but isn't, that is right at the right spot for the top straps. The headrest snaps in there, seems to stay in place, so I left it there thinking it was a real slot. If you push down hard though, it falls down to the lower slot (if you pull up without pushing the lever, it will not move). I set it there when I was setting up the seat, and I guess at some point it moved itself down to the lower slots.

(Now I have it in the higher slot, and I'll have to wait to see how ds looks in the seat, but at least I read this and caught the problem!)

mamaofthree

I'm sorry but I am not quite understanding this, perhaps because I don't have the seat. Are you saying the headrest doesn't stay properly? Or just that it is hard to tell if you have it set at the right spot?

Kimberly

aimeeandaaron

There is either a setting that is actually the best one for the highest harness slots where the headrest doesn't stay properly, or there is a spot right there that feels like a setting, that isn't.

Otherwise it adjusts fairly easily, and all the other settings seem to stay properly, it is just that one spot.

Since nobody else seems to have a headrest setting right there, I'm guessing it is not actually a real setting, but it certainly felt like one when I set the seat up - and it really is in the perfect spot for when your kid is in those top harness slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC