Question TrueFit install

Just a quick question re: truefit install - we have it installed with seatbelt in the centre back seat of DHs crew cab F150, and the tension of the shoulder belt lifts one side of the seat. It's not a huge tilt but it's really bothering me aesthetically. Since the TF has lockoffs, do I have to have the seatbelt locked as well? I can't find anything in the manual.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
No, you should not lock the belt with the TrueFit. You must only and always use the lock-offs. That should fix the problem!

Chila88

Since we're on the topic. I have 2 true fits....both about 4 years old. Are the lockoffs intended to be like Britax lockoffs where you pull out majority of slack, do up the lockoff, and then pull the rest of the slack out and completely tighten seat?

If so, I cannot get mine to do this!! I have to tighten the belt fully and then do the lockoffs up over a tight belt. Is this how they were designed to be used?

(Seats are in my parents/inlaws cars so I don't have a manual anymore)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Since we're on the topic. I have 2 true fits....both about 4 years old. Are the lockoffs intended to be like Britax lockoffs where you pull out majority of slack, do up the lockoff, and then pull the rest of the slack out and completely tighten seat?

If so, I cannot get mine to do this!! I have to tighten the belt fully and then do the lockoffs up over a tight belt. Is this how they were designed to be used?

(Seats are in my parents/inlaws cars so I don't have a manual anymore)

I might not be any help but I had two original True Fits like yours and there is no way I could ever pull the belt through after they were done up. And if the belt was too tights, I couldn't do them up over the belt. So I had to find the happy medium where the belt was not quite as tight as I like it, and then do the lock off up which would tighten it up some more. But there was no way anything was sliding through after it was done up.

I've got a model with ARB right now and the UAS belt will pull through when the lock offs are done up, I haven't tried the seatbelt though so not sure if it would do the same.

Chila88

This helps!! Glad to know yours were like that too and that I'm not just losing it!

Every time I use them I'm always wondering if mine are just duds. :)

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

No, you tighten the belt, close the lock-offs. I think Britax is unique in their method of pulling through the lock-off. If you are having the problem of the belt slipping down into the hinge you can do one at a time and tighten up one side, close lock-off, tighten other side, close lock-off, readjust slack in belt by opening and closing the lock-offs one at a time. It's a pain but it's possible. I've found with that seat that if the belt is slipping into the hinge then I maybe don't need to have it quite as tight as I'm pulling it - a little looser than I'd usually crank on the belt enables me to close the lock-off and achieve a good install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC