Traveling with a 2yo and 5yo

krickison

Hi there,

My family is going to disneyland Wednesday, we will be bringing our seats on the plane. We are currently sitting window, center, isle, isle. Will 2 britax fit side by side? We have a marathon and boulevard, we have available a CA and scenera as well, I would rather use our regular seats if possible.

Can anyone help me out please.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
They'll probably fit if you put the plane's armrests up to allow extra room. (You'll probably need to put them up anyway.)

Is it just you and the two kids, or are other people coming with you? (You said "we" rather than "I," so I'm guessing there might be at least one other adult?) If so, where is the other person/people sitting?

jujumum

You won't be allowed to put them in aisle seats. They should fit side by side.

If you have the older MA & BV, you should carefully pop the loose back black plate off before buckling the seats in. Do this before you get on the plane and don't loose them (put them back on when you get of the plane or when installing in the destination vehicle). If you leave the back plate on, it can be very difficult to unbuckle the seat belt (as it is nearly impossible to lift the unbuckle tab). If you have difficulty (with or without the plate), recline the seat and you'll be able to get your hand in to release the seat belt mechanism.

krickison

Our marathon is about 4 years old but I don't recall the back popping off, our boulevard is new, less than a year old. The last time I flew with the marathon the FA removed the seat belt from the seat to unbuckle the seat, it was super easy but they probably don't encourage that. Will an extender help?

krickison

They'll probably fit if you put the plane's armrests up to allow extra room. (You'll probably need to put them up anyway.)

Is it just you and the two kids, or are other people coming with you? (You said "we" rather than "I," so I'm guessing there might be at least one other adult?) If so, where is the other person/people sitting?

My DH is going to be there as well and our son who will be a lap child. We are currently sitting window seat, center seat, and 2 aisle seats which is why they need to be side by side. Our oldest is going to ride in my sons car seat on the plane and just carry her booster onto the plane and stow it.

jujumum

I don't know if an extender would make a difference as I haven't used one. The times we flew (Jet Blue & Air Tran), the belt buckle ends up directly between the airline seat and the hard black back plate. Unlike car seat buckles (that need a thumb press) as you know, the airline seat buckles need to have the metal flap lifted 90 degrees. We could not lift that flap since there wasn't enough space between the two hard plastic parts.

It is really no trouble to remove the black plastic part & replace. It has tabs that fit right in on the sides. You can see the black part on the back of an MA & DC below. I think if you recline the seat there is enough space to open the latch without removing the back plate. There are actually 2 black parts on each seat - the screwed in thick part at the bottom, and the thin backplate - it is difficult to tell in these pics that each has 2 parts. Only the tabbed piece needs to be removed (the other part cannot be removed I think, nor needs to be).
picture.php

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC