Transporting a new seat

When you drive to a store and buy a new car seat, how do you transport it home?

• As cargo

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • Install it

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Install it and let a kid ride in it

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • other (Please explain)

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Am I the only one who reads manuals online, figures out what seat I want, and then buys it in the store? So that, now, when I purchase the new seat, I have read the manual? LOL

You're not the only one. I read the online manual before buying, then re-read the manual that comes with the actual seat upon delivery or after an in store purchase.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I had mine installed at the store by a certified tech who adjusted the harness slots for my child and installed the RF tether. (A Radian).

I hope the tech also had you duplicate the installation to be sure you could install your Radian, too. It's part of the role of a certified technician to teach, not just to install for you.

Mommy2Five

"you know you're obsessed when"
You snap a picture of your new Marathon. Minutes after you bought it. In the box. In the store parking lot. Buckled snugly into the front passengers seat. And you are so proud, you don't even care about what the people in the parking lot are saying about you as they walk buy - watching you take pictures of a box. ;)

:ROTFLMAO:
So true! LOL Were you there too? :ROTFLMAO:
And just to show WHY I was so excited :)
That picture came right after this one :D
07-23-20081.jpg

Kat_Momof3

it depends...

a lot depends on... who it's for and who is with me.

then it's... how much do I know about this seat? When we drove to Richmond to get the Regent (yes, it was an ordeal that led us to do this) for Damian, I had researched so much I was dreaming of installing these... on top of it not just fitting in the van without taking up a chair and needing to get out of the box to do so, and then, add 4hrs of having heard Damian complain his butt and back hurt... I (IN THE POURING RAIN) fit him super quick, slapped the recline bar in, loosened and clipped on the tether, installed it long path, tightened the tether, and got him strapped in.

OH... there was never a boy so happy.

When we got the triumph for Ruthie, it was big and heavy and she was only 2mo old... I had to put it between the boys' seats in the old buick... that thing got tied into the front seat (kid you not, I tied it in)... and good thing... took me awhile to get it to recline... once I figured it out, it was easy.

in fact, come to think of it... that Regent was the first seat I'd felt confident enough to just put in and go (well, except for a booster... those are easy)

I would not do it with a Nautilus, though... that's too much work, even without doing the armrests.

it's not the length of time, but the space you need to put it together.

Kat_Momof3

oh... and I've had seats delivered... to date, that's my favorite way.

You don't have the kids in a store, you have all the time to try it out, read the manual, and get it fitted.

oh, I love having it shipped.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC