Question Toddler car seat in rental car in Austria

abhisheks77

Hello,

We will be renting car from Freilassing (Europcar) along with toddler car seat. I have never rented car seat, so not aware. One of my friend told me that, rental car seat may not have middle small belt, which tied with hooks on both sides and I have to fix it only with help of seat belts.
Is this correct ?
I tried to do it at home and it not very well fixed. With seat belts, it swings a bit.

Thanks

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I don't know if it is different in Europe, but in the US, it is highly recommended to avoid renting a car seat. You have no way of knowing if the seat has been used properly or misused to the point of no longer being safe. If there is any way for you to bring an appropriate seat, that would be ideal. Where are you traveling from? How old, tall, and heavy is your child? Will the child be forward-facing?

abhisheks77

I am traveling from Seattle to Prague. Our son is 26 months, so he sits on front-facing. My first half journey is in public transport, so I was avoiding to take our own car-seat. I had a chat with Europcar and they said that it is standard car seat, as per all regulations.

MelodyoftheForest

I am glad the rental agency tries to provide appropriate seats, but you still have no idea how the seat has been treated before it is in your hands. On a long flight like that, having a car seat in which your son can be safely contained and sleep very well may be worth the pain of dragging it on public transportation. Lightweight seats like the Evenflo Maestro or the Cosco Finale are worth investigating. Make sure you have a locking clip and know how to use it if you bring a seat with you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC