To trade or not?

lahuffman

So you all seem very stroller savvy, I would love your opinions :) I have a pliko p3 that I posted on CL to sell or trade for a b-agile, aria or city mini or micro. I received a response asking if I would be interested in a Quinny Zapp? I am looking to trade because even though the pliko has the compact umbrella fold it is still to long for my trunk and has to sit crooked occupying a lot of space, otherwise I love the pliko! Anyway she has the 4 wheel version that does not require the seat to come off for folding.
Anyone have experience with both of these strollers? If I love the pliko will I like the quinny? I know I am giving up the snack tray.

THANKS!!

ADS

EmmaGrace'sMom

I had a 4 wheel zapp and wasn't a fan. I've had the Xtra with reversing seat too. I didn't like how the regular Zapp was balanced, it felt very tippy...and cheap. I liked the Xtra except the removing the seat to fold thing, it seemed slightly better balanced but that could have been because I used it with the seat reversed. I don't think a P3 for a Zapp is an even trade though!

lahuffman

Thanks. I was wondering if it was even a fair trade. It looked like the regular zapp is the older model? My pliko is a 2010 model bought in 2011 so fairly new. Before the pliko I had only ever owned Maclarens, does the zapp compare more to that style of stroller?

EmmaGrace'sMom

I find the Zapp very unique, I don't really think it fits the "umbrella stroller" mold. I would say the P3 is worth about $100-120 and the Zapp $40-60 depending on condition.

D&L's-mommy

I owned a couple maclarens and a zapp. I will say the maclarens feel more balanced than the zapp, but the zapp push is better on smooth surfaces. I sold my zapp because it tipped backwards very easily, and the wheels starting making a noise like a bumpy shopping cart, and the one brake bar would drop into place just enough to click on the wheel that the bar locks into and would click as the wheel rolled (picture the big prize wheel on the price is right, lol). I've thought about getting another one because I love how small the fold is, and it does fit a bigger kid, but I'm worried about having the same issues again, since they seem to be common ones. Just for reference, albeebaby.com has a zapp for $130, I sold mine used for $100.as far as an even trade, I will say in my area I see newer plikos on CL for around $100-140, 2008-2009s for about $60-70. Used zapps go here for around $90-100. So I think your stroller is probably worth a little more, based on my CL experience. But it all depends on what you want your stroller for, so if the zapp will suit your needs, maybe you could take the zapp and a little bit of cash in exchange for your pliko? as far the other strollers you're interested in, I see b-agiles and minis go for $130-150, arias for about $80, city micros for about $56-60. (I've owned and sold/traded close to 40 strollers, this is what I see them going for in my area in very good condition)

lahuffman

From your CL pricing which seems similar to here the closest to an even trade is with the b agile and mini. I have had it posted for $100 with no takers. I thought that was reasonable since mine is not one of the recalled plikos. I had hoped it would sell so I could just go buy the clearance micro at target. She is sending pics later, if it looks good I might just ask to do a cash plus zapp trade for my pliko. I googled it and I like the small fold. But not thrilled to hear the issues that they have.

D&L's-mommy

From your CL pricing which seems similar to here the closest to an even trade is with the b agile and mini. I have had it posted for $100 with no takers. I thought that was reasonable since mine is not one of the recalled plikos. I had hoped it would sell so I could just go buy the clearance micro at target. She is sending pics later, if it looks good I might just ask to do a cash plus zapp trade for my pliko. I googled it and I like the small fold. But not thrilled to hear the issues that they have.

I think $100 is quite reasonable for a newer pliko in very good used condition. Sometimes it takes time for things to sell at a reasonable price on CL, I get a lot of "will you take $50?" no, I'm asking $100 :cool:
If you want to give the zapp a try you could always sell it if you decide you don't like it, but by then the target micros might be gone. So it depends on how much you're set on getting a micro/mini.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC