Question Three carseats for kids under 5 in a Camry help!

U

Unregistered

Hello, we just found out we are expecting a third this summer and I am worried about fitting three carseats in the back of our Camry 09 LE. Currently we have a britax roundabout 50 and a grace nautilus 3 in 1. At birth I will have a 4.5 yr old that is 43 in and 45 pounds and an almost 3 yr old that is 27 lbs and 37 inches. I don't know if there are three carseats out there that we can fit in the back. I was thinking of a high back booster for our oldest and keeping one of our 2 current carseats for the almost three year old but once you add an infant seat will that all fit? Does anyone any suggestions? What three carseats have you put in a Camry for that age range? We are thinking of getting a bigger car but that is a much bigger expense than new carseats. :). Thank you in advance! Kristin

ADS

mkmama

Actually, in 3 across situations its usually easier to have 3 kids in harnessed seats vs having a booster in the mix...typically its very hard to buckle a booster in a 3 across, especially if its a new-ish booster rider who doesnt have seat belt buckling experience.

The Roundabout sits up on that base, so you might find that it "puzzles" nicely with a seat that sits lower (possibly even your Nautilus).

Also, if you're open to it, you might skip the baby infant seat and go straight to a convertible at birth...infant buckets are typically wider than convertibles (though there are some narrow ones on the market) so sometimes its easier to get a convertible in a 3 across.

The Camry is a decently wide sedan, so I'm sure that you'll be able to get three across, especially since you're willing to buy new seats if needed.

rachelandtyke

You may be OK with what you have. I do know the Roundabout 50 puzzles nicely with an Evenflo Maestro, but the Maestro has a 50lb harnessed limit. I think the Evenflo Secure Kid seats are like Maestros with a higher harness limit, so you might try one of those and see if it puzzles better if what you have doesn't work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC