Thoughts on the Baby Planet strollers

The title says it all ! :)

I have finally came to peace within myself that the Baby Jogger stroller is not within my grip. We are leaving in a few weeks to Disneyland and the reality of me getting a good deal on a Baby Jogger is so slim.

So I found the Baby Planet stroller with lots and lots of positive reviews too. :love: It has alot of what I am looking for as well, such as the nice big canopy, adjustable leg rest, decent storage basket and its an umbrella stroller vs a full size big ol' beasty stroller.

What I wanted to find out here is if anyone has this stroller and if there are any IRL pictures and any comments regarding this stroller. I would have to buy it online therefore I wouldnt be able to see this IRL. :thumbsdown: So any advice would be great.

BTW Evan the rider of the stroller is about 32 lbs, and the last I recall he is about 34 inches tall and 2 years old.

Another quick question, I have been trying to find the diffrences between the Baby Planet strollers, like the specs of each model. I know they have a deluxe version which may be better? I dont know. If anyone can help me here, it would be awesome!!!

THANKS!! :love:

ADS

Melanie

I'm hijacking a little. I was coming here to ask about this exact stroller and for Disney too. Would it work for a 45 lb 5 year old? How does it compare to a Mac? I've found one on my local Craigslist for just $50.

Thanks!!

Melanie

**see update at end of post**I went ahead and picked up the one from Craigslist. It looks like it's seen some use. The wheels are a bit worn and there's a little sun fading. It seems to have held up well. I think it will do good for what I need (a 1 x trip to Disneyland). It did well with DD2. She's about 42 lbs, tall and skinny. She's 5. Her head doesn't hit the top of the canopy, but it's getting close.

The closest I have to compare this to is a Chicco C5. It's been my everyday stroller. The weight limit is just 35lbs, but I've put them both in it. I've loaded luggage in it and well, it's seen some abuse and still held up well through both kids. I put them side by side last night. To compare the two: The Baby Planet is wider and taller. It's basket is a bit bigger. It seems more accessible if the seat is back. The sunshade is larger. It doesn't fold down quite as small as the Chicco. It doesn't have the little pouch on the back that the Chicco has. It's great for a water bottle, small purse, keys, etc. The Baby Planet is just a little lighter. The Baby Planet has nicer softer feeling fabric. There is more room on the footrest. The one thing I didn't like on the Baby Planet was how the stroller locks when folded. It has a little bar that automatically locks when it's folded (good), but it doesn't keep everything tight. It keeps the back and the seat tight against each other, but the bottom section isn't snug against them. The bottom part doesn't fall all the way open, but it's more bulky to try an carry and it's more bulky when folded. The way the lock works, you can't push on the stroller to squish it down more when it's in the trunk.

IMO, it was well worth the $50 I paid. Everything is just a little better than the Chicco. I'm not sure what I'd think if I was buying new since the price is quite a bit higher. The Chicco was $89 not on sale.

**update** I thought I'd update in case anyone does a search looking for this stroller. We just used it for 5 days in Disneyland. Overall, I was very disappointed. The main reason I got it was for the higher weight limit so DD2 at 5 and 43lbs could use it. It doesn't steer well. The Chicco steered much better with DD2 who's over it's weight limit, than the Baby Planet steers with 33lb DD3. The handles were a little lower than the Chicco. They were fine for me, but not high enough for 6'3" DH. The only good things I have to say for it is it has a nice size seat when reclined for napping, a decent canopy and the storage underneath has a bar right under where a small cooler can sit. So the weight of the cooler doesn't stretch out the basket. I was able to hang a heavy backpack off the back without having it tip...it was kind of moot though since it made it even harder to steer so the backpack rode on the other stroller. Mine could be an older model. I can't seem to find a DOM. It's a Solo Sport.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC