thought on chevy uplander

D&L's-mommy

We found a really good deal on an '06 uplander. any thoughts or experiences? I searched on here and found some people were unhappy that the '05 had Full Latch only on one 2nd row seat cuz the other had an integrated booster (my almost 9 year old would LOVE that). Also read that there's only a top tether on the middle seat of the 3rd row. I must have misread that, cuz that doesn't make sense. We currently have DS(8y 8m) in a HBB, and DD(4y 4m) in a harnessed nauti, and my niece(2 days old) will ride rf center 3rd row(since I only have her 3 days a week), eventually ff, so as long as it has top tethers on one of the captain's chairs and center of 3rd row that's all I need. Does the '06 have the integrated booster? is it standard? Can adults fit comfortably in the 3rd row? we're thinking long term, cuz it's gonna stay with us a long time. It's an hour away, which we don't mind driving if we know it will work for us, but hate to go out there to find out it doesn't fit our needs. any info on it that doesn't pertain to latch, cuz everyone needs to be safe and comfy!

ADS

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
I have 2006 Saturn Relay, which is the equivalent of the Uplander. I was very nervous after reading some NOT so great reviews AFTER buying it, but I've now had it for 3 years and I love it. I don't have an integrated seat, so I have full latch in both captains chairs and a top tether in the 3 rd row rear. (This kinda bugs me since once I install a seat it leaves third row outboard pretty useless) I plan to call GM to see if their is an option to retrofit more TT's. I Kelly have two in seats right now, so I just have my seatbelt kid ride back there. My middle DS is too heavy for latch, so he uses seatbelt install, and I've never had an issue getting in any seat tight, not even the Radian. The TT on the captains chairs are kinda a pain, I remedy this by attaching the TT with the seat folded down before placing the CS in position, or hooking it upside down which puts one half twist in the strap. This was ok'd by my CPST Instructor, she has an Uplander also. We've taken m ah trips I. It, and I've never really had anybody complain about being uncomfortable back there, including adults. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC