The BRU trade in is happening!

christineka

I'll bet the resale stores won't like this promotion - fewer items will be coming to them.

I know our thrift store chain won't take any of these items anymore. The consignment shop does, but they give actually, useable money back. (I'd rather sell the item myself than to the consignment shop, but if no one will buy for even the price they'd pay, I'll go to them.) The consignment shop would not take anything gross looking either.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I called the other day to ask what they're doing with the stuff they collect.

The person said the same thing as the PP: They will be destroyed. She said they didn't know yet HOW they would destroy them, but they would not be donated or resold.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I saw my boss today and she teased me for not bringing a seat to trade in :D. (She even tried to do a special store order thing to get me a Matrix PW SG, but it's not even in the warehouse or anything...bummer!)

Anyway, the only coupons that will stack are registry completion, so unless you registered and just had or are about to have a baby, that won't help.

Jonah Baby

I'm glad they are being destroyed...so that means we should bring in our expired seats, eh? We have at least two waiting for the dump.
Maybe I will sell our AOE instead. It's got like...5 years left on it.

Can you definitely trade between "stuff"? Like, If I bring carseats, I don't have to buy more carseats with the coupon? And between brands, too?

We were going to do the trade-in back when I first heard about it. Our store also told us they knew nothing about it. A month ago?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bring in anything, expired or not, and buy anything. They don't care if you bring in a crib and buy a carseat or a highchair and buy a stroller. Anything on the list of brands.

Oh, and the 10% for opening a credit card will also apply. They need to call a manager to get the coupon out and label the item properly, so they will make sure you don't even try to stack other coupons.

We got three things at our store yesterday already... Old EB infant seat (in great condition, but expired), ancient pack n play, and cool jogger thing with tiny air tires (Graco or something)...who knows what today will bring, lol.

ZephyrBlue

I did it yesterday- took my Chicco umbrella stroller (which I really liked, but was the cheapest piece of gear I had that qualified as a trade-in) and got a KeyFit 30. Wish I had had time to stop by some thrift stores and look for a crappy old expired seat to take instead- I liked that stroller, lol! Oh well, now I can look for a good deal on a Volo to replace it with ;)

singingpond

Does anyone know if the item traded in has to have all its parts? I wonder, since I have an expired AO, as well as a second AO still in use -- I would be inclined to keep the cover from the old one. Would they take naked carseats? Or, similarly, strollers without 'skins'?

Louisa

CPST Instructor
Julie, what about the multilpes discount? if i bring two things and get 2 20% off can i use them on two items in one transaction and get the multiples discount also?

scoutingbear

Does it have to be something that is in-stock? Or can I order it on-line and still get the 20%? The TRU/BRU is a combined store near us and hardly carries any seats and if I was to do this, I would trade in my falling apart stroller for a Parkway SG (which the last time I was there did not carry in stock) and then sell a seat or 2 on CL...

emandbri

It seems so wasteful that they are destroying everything. Someone on another board I'm on turned in her less than 2 year old graco safe seat travel system. :(

ZephyrBlue

emandbri, i agree. i was hoping that they would at least donate the strollers to local women's shelters. i wouldn't want to see them donating used seats, but used pack n plays that have been inspected and are safe, strollers, high chairs, etc. could really be put to good use in the local communities.

fyrfightermomma

emandbri, i agree. i was hoping that they would at least donate the strollers to local women's shelters. i wouldn't want to see them donating used seats, but used pack n plays that have been inspected and are safe, strollers, high chairs, etc. could really be put to good use in the local communities.

Yeah I'm trading in a perfectly good high chair that's two years old. Theres gotta be somewhere they can donate things in good condition (other than car seats). Goodwill, women's shelter, low income families, other resale shops etc. Plus imagine the PR for BRU if they donated all these things that are perfectly good to those less fortunate. Instead they are gonna destroy things that work perfectly well. Cause we don't waste enough in this country, KWIM?

Cryssy Jane

When I was in BRU yesterday to trade in a seat to get a new stroller they told me they're destroying all carseats and cribs (especially due to recalls), but high chairs and strollers are probably going to be donated. Not sure how accurate that is, but that's what they told me.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Julie, what about the multilpes discount? if i bring two things and get 2 20% off can i use them on two items in one transaction and get the multiples discount also?
No, it's like ONE item at a time. They won't let you do two at a time, so there'd be no chance to even get the multiples discount, from what I understand.

Got a funktastic old Cool Blues RA today, they traded it for a Backless Turbo...and a funky old pack n play for a new baby trend playard. It's interesting to see what people had and what they now need, that's for sure :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I didn't really ask, I think it'd be frowned upon (and eeeew, you should have SEEN that thing today...naaaaasty)

ZephyrBlue

okay, maybe not the nasty covers ;) but i was thinking of gently used ones. tells you that i currently have too much time on my hands, thinking about off the wall stuff like that, lol!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
okay, maybe not the nasty covers ;) but i was thinking of gently used ones. tells you that i currently have too much time on my hands, thinking about off the wall stuff like that, lol!

Don't worry. I, too, wondered if she pilfered the covers! :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL! If someone comes in with anything even remotely half decent, I might beg my boss, lol. She already rolled her eyes and told me no on the infant seat for my dogs, though :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC