TF Rfing in Ford Freestyle

ADS

monstah

I don't have any pictures. :( I only had a TF for about 2 hours.
It can't go in the middle. Are you looking for a seat to RF center 2nd row?

I remember struggling with the TF a bit outboard. For example, the plastic button on the seatbelt would have needed to be popped off because it was right in the lockoff.
It does take up a decent amount of room front to back, IIRC, but I didn't *try* to get a more upright install. Like I said, I only had the seat for 2ish hours.

hjal05

It will go outboard. I haven't had success installing anything in the middle because of the the plastic pieces. Thanks for the info!

monstah

It will go outboard. I haven't had success installing anything in the middle because of the the plastic pieces. Thanks for the info!

That's what I was going to say. :) Unless you (and whoever else rides in your Freestyle) are very short, the new style Radian RF boot actually fits there. I could live with it at 5'5" but my DH couldn't fit a leg in the door. :p
I also had success with a Como but it ends up *very* crooked.

The Keyfit 30 base fits like a glove center though. :thumbsup: And I can fit a RF Marathon next to it.

I have owned a plethora of car seats with the Freestyle so feel free to PM me if you have any trouble. I have messed with countless configurations while trying to figure out 3 across with my 2 RF'ers. :D

You can see my siggy pic. RF Radian(LATCH), KF30 (seatbelt), FF Radian (seatbelt because he is 52 pounds)

ETA:
Changed siggy pic.

Last edited:

hjal05

Thank you so much for that info. We feared that we would have to purchase a new car if we ended up having a 3rd child. I didn't realize that the new Radian Rfing boot fit. We have an old style radian and I couldn't get it to fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC