TF Install - Pics - Look right? - Also MR fit pic

dkdean

Here is the TF installed in my '07 Saturn Relay...everything look okay? Nice, tight install--straps below shoulders, cute cover :) (And yes, I know we shouldn't have the DVD, but it is super snug and tucked under the headrest.)

DD (2y/o;29lbs) in TF; DS unbuckled and posing with his sister
IMG_8521.jpg

IMG_8518.jpg

IMG_8513.jpg

IMG_8512.jpg

And, to compare--How DD fits in the MR (in my car--it is now installed in DH's Jeep Liberty '07)
IMG_8511.jpg

And, DS--b/c he was cooperating :) 5y/o; 39lbs--almost to the 2nd to the top slot
IMG_8517.jpg

ADS

armywife12

She looks great in her new seat. I love that cover!!! Do you have the infant insert still in? It can only be used up to 22lbs or until the child reaches the bottom harness slot. I couldn't tell if the whole insert was in there or just the headrest part.

Stretchy Glue

I can't quite tell what's going on with the top tether. It isn't tethered, right? I see the strap with a rubber band hanging down. I want to make sure that the actual tether hook is tightened as tight as possible so that thing isn't flipping around in a crash. If it's not tightened up to the back of the seat, it could easily become a weapon in a crash. I just can't quite see what you have going on, so I wanted to mention it.

On the subject of the DVD...it isn't the projectile aspect of it that pops into my mind, but a nice hard surface for a rf'ing baby to rebound into. That's what I think of when I see DVD's infront of rf'ing kids. :twocents:

DahliaRW

I also would be concerned about her rebounding into the DVD player, since that seat doesn't have an ARB or a rfing tether.

dkdean

No infant insert--just the headrest part. I can still have that, right? I'd asked about it and was told I could keep that.

Thanks for the thoughts on the DVD player.

The top tether is hooked to the back of the seat--and the rest of the strap (the slack) is rubberbanded together....Is that okay?

Thank you for your help!!!!!

firemomof3

The seats look great :thumbsup: But I do agree with taking down the DVD player, especially after seeing some recent crash tests :eek:

Stretchy Glue

No infant insert--just the headrest part. I can still have that, right? I'd asked about it and was told I could keep that.

Thanks for the thoughts on the DVD player.

The top tether is hooked to the back of the seat--and the rest of the strap (the slack) is rubberbanded together....Is that okay?

Thank you for your help!!!!!

Yes, that is perfect. I just wanted to make sure it was attached to something and not flinging around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC