TF Compatability ? from non-tech

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Thank you! It does. Mine looks really close to the 2nd pic. That's what DS does too. He always rests on the side. I have never seen him flop forward, even when I know it was too upright on my 1st attempt.

SafeRide

I am having second thoughts about this seat (True Fit). Is it safe to have the seat angled less than the specified range of 35 - 45 degrees?

Do to space of the car I cannot install it RF within the 35 - 45 degrees. More like 30 degrees instead.

Another post also mentioned this was a bad seat for FF due to the recline angle and knee position.

Do I return the seat and try something else that will fit within the specified angle?

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I am having second thoughts about this seat (True Fit). Is it safe to have the seat angled less than the specified range of 35 - 45 degrees?

Do to space of the car I cannot install it RF within the 35 - 45 degrees. More like 30 degrees instead.

Another post also mentioned this was a bad seat for FF due to the recline angle and knee position.

Do I return the seat and try something else that will fit within the specified angle?

At work now so I can't post much but responses to your questions (the other post) are here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59820

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
There has also been some debate about the placement of the red line on the TF. If the red line were aligned with the ground, would the seat be over-reclined?

If you'd like to know the angle of your seat, post your pics in this thread:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=16425&highlight=installation+angle
My post earlier in this thread briefly addressed my concern of determining angle via the computer. In the case of the True Fit, if someone uses the back of the seat to determine the angle, it will be wrong. That angle is different than the angle inside the seat where the child actually sits. And due to the side wings of the True Fit, you can see the inside in a photo. If we assume the red sticker is appropriately applied, it can better be used to determine the angle. Although it is even tricky as due to the way the plastic rounds, the sticker sits in a bit of happy face rather than perfectly straight.

I suspect this may the issue with others seats that have side wings as well. Especially if they have no other visual determining factor of what the angle should be.

Of course, it will give you a general idea of whether your seat is correct. But I don't think anyone should panic if they don't get the numbers they want. You also need to see how your child's head/neck do in the seat while driving.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC