Tethering RF Radian

alexandra.p

I'm a little confused about where I can use the D-ring (included with the seat) to tether RF in my 2010 Highlander (no built in floor anchor points). I took the seat to be inspected today and the fireman had never seen a RF seat that can be tethered. I know I don't have to tether, but it is safer right? Any thoughts or resources would be appreciated!

ADS

Pixels

You use the D-ring to create your own RF tether point. You need to find a strong, fixed part of the vehicle that is down and towards the front of the vehicle from the seat. Usually I use the leg of the front seat. Wrap the D-ring around the leg, then clip the tether onto the metal part of the D-ring.

If you need help finding a spot, you can post some pictures of that portion of your vehicle.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Most firemen aren't great techs, so I'm not surprised he has never seen one. He probably doesn't check many seats, and those he does are probably what you can buy at Walmart.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2upADev-UrM

That should help explain it. The D ring is one of those things that's easier seen than explained.

Wendy

alexandra.p

Thanks! So to clarify from the video, if the d-ring connector fits around the plastic part, it's ok there? It doesn't seem that the plastic comes off, but it the strap fits around it with no problem. I can post a pic next time I pull the car out of the garage if that's not clear! Thanks.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Right. Most time the plastic comes off, either pops off or with a screwdriver, but I've had times when I can't get it off, and so I go around.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC