Tether Anchor Points in 2000 Chevy Blazer

U

Unregistered

I don't have the owners manual for my 2000 Chevy Blazer and need to know where the anchor points are for a tether strap. My car seat is rear facing at the moment. Can anyone help? Thanks.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
If you're meaning a rear facing tether anchor point, please note that only the Britax convertible carseats and the Sunshine Kids Radian convertibles allow you to top tether rear facing. For those seats that allow RF top tethering, you would do so using the metal D-ring top tether connector strap that comes with those seats to top tether to a fixed part toward the front of the vehicle, like around the front seat leg, or a front seatbelt stalk connected directly to the vehicle floor.

My LATCH manual doesn't list GM models earlier than 2001 to look up factory equipped top tether anchor locations or retrofit info. for forward facing carseats. You would need to consult the dealership for an owner's manual for the Blazer to see if yours has factory equipped top tether anchors first. If it doesn't have factory equipped top tether anchors, you can also contact the Chevy dealership to look into having a have a top tether anchor retrofitted. The dealership would have the current part info. and should retrofit one for free if you don't already have factory equipped top tether anchors. Refer the dealership to GM service bulletin number 99-09-40-004 dated January, 2000.

waterbaby

We have an '01 Blazer, and assuming it's similar to ours (and if you do have them)... there are two anchor points in the trunk of the car for both outboard positions. They are also called "cargo hooks", as they're referred to in our manual. Little triangular hooks that lay flat - you'll have to pull them out to hook the tether.

Stretchy Glue

I had a 97 Blazer and in mine we could only use the tether anchors towards the back hatch, but I've heard that new ones only allow tether anchors right behind the seat. I'd call Chevy or check their website. My understanding from them is that only one set is strong enough to withstand the force of a crash. It just depends per model year.

B

Billy

I don't have the owners manual for my 2000 Chevy Blazer and need to know where the anchor points are for a tether strap. My car seat is rear facing at the moment. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Can’t find any in mine either. Don’t think they are equipped. 2000 Blazer LT

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In a 2000 Blazer, the 2 outboard seats may use the triangular tie downs on the floor, about 8 inches back from the seat, as tether anchors. (If cargo tie downs are also present by the liftgate, those are NOT approved as tether anchors. Only use the ones close to the seatback.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC