testing

LuvBug

Oh yeah I dont even tell his doctor he still nurses, or well I didnt I mean. We havent been since the beginning of the year.
I think he is going to wean soon though, and Im a little sad. But at the same time happy to have made it this far and almost anxious for it to be done lol! In the past months, since almost the beginning of the year, he has cut down to morning only. And now some mornings he skips it all together. It use to be he would nurse and then about an hour or two later he would eat a meal, now he goes straight for breakfast.
I think my milk is almost gone too. I hear him swallow but I cant express a single little thing what-so-ever... so Im not sure.
Its been wonderful for us, but I can definitely see the other side to it. So I think we all should just do it for what we can and be proud of however far we make it. Each child is so very different in their needs that not everyone needs to extend breastfeeding, or extend it for a long time, just do it for what you think is right. And sometimes the kid will decide for you.

ADS

Tara

To whomever mentioned the baby wearing...
Try a Mei Tai when the baby is old enough (roughly 4 months, needs head control)
The Baby Bjorn (and similar) carriers aren't ideal for babies. It leaves babies in an unnatural position, dangling. Carriers like the Mei Tai (MT) place the baby in a natural seated kind of position..knees slightly elevated, to prevent dangle and keep things in line.
I used a ring sling previously, but the weight on one shoulder doesn't work well for me. It aggravates a (an intially) pregnancy induced nerve problem. I discovered the MT this time around and it is just dreamy! I haven't bought a 'real' one mind you, I've made 2 of my own. Sooo much better than a ring sling. And baby likes it better too ;)

Next...
Oh, the X periods in X time...yeah, I fit there too..let me see..first pregnancy in '96, birth in '97 I think 3..2 or 3 periods then pg again..yeah, pg on 3rd cycle I believe it was..then one period and pg with #3, one or two then pg with #4 and then again to be pg with #5

So, what's that? A max of about 8 periods in 10 years? I sure do enjoy *that* part! Sorry, just can't 'embrace' that part of being a woman, my periods are rough on me!!

Anywho...
Pictures..to post a pic you need to have a photo uploaded to a host site like photobucket.com Then just copy the [ img ] tag and paste it here.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Has anyone here tried a moby carrier - like the Hug-a-Bub? I think they look SO nice and am wondering how they compare to the MTs. Just curious!

Tara

I've not personally tried the Moby, but I'd go for it :)
It's on my list of 'ooh I'd like to try *that*' hehe
Wraps are awesome, very versatile. I long for the right fabric to make my own wrap...the old sheet thing just isn't cuttin' it ;)
I was looking into a Moby before I discovered MT. Moby can be used right away, whereas MT, as I said, requires some head control. A Moby can just snuggle that baby right in :)

Lea_Ontario

3dee41b1.jpg

Bug in our Moby - ignore the cluttered background please.

Tara

Oh she's just TOO cute Kashi!!
Is it comfy? Do you pack her in it often? (well, probably not so much now being as pg as you are hehe but, you kwim)
You can wear them on the back with that too, right? Have you done so?
I sooooo want a Moby or a nice wrap hehe

Lea_Ontario

It was wonderfully comfortable to wear, even for long stretches. But a bit of a pain to learn to properly do up.

And no - I don't carry Bug often anymore, it's just not comfortable. And when I do it's in my ring sling on my hip.

Synchro246

I have a few gauze material wraps that work the same, but without the strech. I learned how to make them on www.mamatoto.org. They have really good videos showing how to wrap a bunch of different ways. I want a moby (or similar) for my next baby. S/he's going to be born in the summer and I think the strechy material might mean less material and I want to wear as little material as possible.

I loved wearing seamus in the wrap when he was small. I also loved the new native and once he got to the point where he was stable I pretty much used that most of the time.

ETA I went to mamatoto just now. They changed a lot. It used to be easier to use, well maybe I am just not used to it. The left has a menu to navigate the different wearing stuff.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC