swedish tethering locations and ??s about advanced airbag system

D&L's-mommy

I just got a cco, it's currently driver side in my '13 cruze, but may move to the center. I plan to swedish tether it rf. I just wanted to verify where I can attach the rf tether,I thought I read somewhere that you can attach the tether to one of the front seatbelt stalks (it won't slide up the stalk?), or to one of the front seat tracks, is that correct?
I know I can't have contact with the passenger seat due to the advanced airbag system, but can the driver seat be touching the rf seat at all (not bracing, but touching?)
thanks

Last edited:
ADS

creideamh

The front seat track is the preferred location. I don't know if Combi even allows using a buckle stalk.

Check your manual on the advanced airbags thing. Most Ford manuals I've seen only have the advanced sensors on the passenger side, but I haven't looked at a '13 Cruze manual. Also, Combi has to allow touching as well, which I'm not sure they do. As long as you can slide a piece of paper between the CCO and front seat, you're good to go.

HTH!

D&L's-mommy

I tried to rf tether around the seat track, but it's tight against the floor, I can't get the strap underneath it.is that my only option? I don't see anywhere else that it would work

creideamh

Does your car have plastic cover looking things covering the seat track? Sometimes those pop off. Otherwise, you'll have to contact Combi and ask about alternate tethering locations. I'm not sure they've approved anything else.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC