suggestions....

aetj115

Agh. Ok I'm having baby 4 in may. I have a town and country (07). My middle bench has only a lap. I realllly don't want to get a radian. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting a noob rf there. Ds3 is currently rf in a mr. Dd2 in a hbb. Ds1 5 steps in Capt chairs. I was wanting a fr for ds3. My question is...the distance it'll have between his seat and front seat for the kids to crawl in between. Or, if I put him in the back in the middle, could I get a booster there beside it? With enough room dd2 or my step daughters (6 yo twins) could buckle? I have a hb turbo and a lb as well as an evenflo (big kids?) Dd rly only fits in the lb or evenflo. Sooo suggestions?

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How many kids do you need in the car? Your oldest son (5-steps,) your boostered daughter, 6yo step twins and your youngest son, plus the new baby? So six kids? How old are they all?

aetj115

Sorry, I guess that was confusing. Typically my 11yo, 7yo dd (hbb, or lbb) almost 4 yo (rf, but can ff) and in may a noob. 2 times a month we have the twins, but, we don't transport all in one vehicle when we have them all since that middle seat only has a lap.

mommyfrog

You can install a harnessed car seat in the lap only belt. So put either the newbie there or the 4yo. Use the shoulder belts for the boostered or belt only kids.

aetj115

I had his myride there (lap belt position). I had a very hard time getting another seat in and kids crawling around it. Would a frontier or another seat be better? I'm trying to stay away from rn tho.

Keeanh

What about a FF Complete Air in that middle lap belt?

ETA: Okay, so you generally only have 4 children, so you don't need to use that middle seat at all, right? Where are your tether anchors?

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
What about a FF Complete Air in that middle lap belt?

ETA: Okay, so you generally only have 4 children, so you don't need to use that middle seat at all, right? Where are your tether anchors?

TA is center 3rd row only... There is the Retrofit for outboard though... see thread HERE and http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=654296&postcount=10 and HERE

You won't be able to fit a Frontier and 2 other kiddos in the 3rd row. Any 3 across would be difficult. BUT you could possibly use the offset LATCH in the 3rd row for the RF child or even for FF child with the top tether (if under 48lbs) if you choose to turn him/her around, and the passenger side for the RF child (no Top Tether there).

That would allow the bigger 2 children more leg room in the 2nd row as well. I know legroom in our 3rd row is a MAJOR issue!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Are you planning on an infant seat (and if so, do you know which one or already have one?), or are you planning to put the baby in the My Ride?

If you're using an infant seat, I would probably put the base in that middle lap belt position, let all the other kids climb in, and then put the baby in last (or second-to-last, leaving maybe the oldest to wait and climb in after the baby's in place so you have room to get the baby back there). Maybe only do this when the step-kids are with you so you don't have to use two vehicles everywhere you go.

Does your 11 y.o. 5-step in the back row or only in the captain's chairs? If the oldest could sit next to the baby in the 3rd row, with perhaps a LBB on the other side of the 3rd row for the 7 y.o. that would leave the captian's chairs open for the twins.

ETA: I see I've missed a kid - your 4-ish year old. Hmm. Never mind. Will think about it a little more.

aetj115

Yes, my 11 yo only 5 steps in the capt chairs because of the belt position in the rear. I'm wondering if a bubble bum or a lite rider would fit? Typically we generally have the twins and my oldest will go to his father's. Andddd just as I typed that I realized we will have the twins all summer. Dd will be 8 in june and also 5 steps in captain (ill take a pic tonight to make sure you agree). I could always put 11 yo (will be 12) in front seat twins in capt infant and 7/8 yo dd in hbb in rear. Yes? Then when dh is with us move infant seat to middle rear and try one of the previos mentioned seats? What narrow infant seats? I was looking at the onboard air bucket and/convertible. How long would my 4 yo fit in an rn? He's tiny, still fits in a scenra (sp). He is all legs and weighs about 32-34lbs. His growth is slow. Sigh, maybe a new vehicle?? Did I mention dh has 2 other kids we have sometimes lol

aetj115

PS I live in ohio, so by law my 7 yo has to be boostered till june. She found that out and is now really trying to get outta one lol, saying she's close enough @@

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Dd will be 8 in june and also 5 steps in captain (ill take a pic tonight to make sure you agree).

Unless the child is over the weight limit of ALL boosters (120lbs) there is likely no tech or advocate on this board that would ever agree to a 7 year old or *just* turned 8 year old sitting without a booster. Its all about seat belt fit, child's maturity level AND bone development. A booster helps protect the pelvic bones in the event of a crash. She should remain in her booster until at least 4'9" or 100lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC