Stroller help

V

VanIsleMommy

I have a nearly 3 year old who will be 3.5 in feb when the new baby comes. On one hand, he has NEVER wanted to be in a stroller, has always wanted to be carried etc. On the other hand, he's over 30 pounds and does still use the stroller the occasional time he gets tired or falls asleep. Now that I'm pregnant I'm starting to put my foot down about carrying him all the time and he'll usually accept a stroller ride. I also tend to use it to carry gear.

Also, he's still throwing tantrums. There have been times I've literally had to pick him up and carry him like a football out of the store because he's just a raging ball of swinging arms and legs (screaming at full volume)... I swear someone is going to call the cops thinking I'm abducting him one of these days. But I don't really see the tantrums magically stopping in 6 months. At that time, I'll also have a newborn.

The stroller I'm thinking of is a baby jogger city select. It has air tires so I can take it on outdoor walks and it also has a bunch of different set ups with an optional second seat. It's pricey, but I'm keeping my eye out for one used.

Any advice??

ADS

wavegal

I have it and I think it will be a good option, I have one and used it with a 2.5 year old and a 1.5 year old with no issues, will most likely be using it with my 3 yr old and newbie in December.

MoreLatte

I have a BJCS also and I LOVE it! I've never used it as a double but just recently bought the second seat and played around with the set-up a little.

With such versatility, I think it's definitely worth the money. You could start out with the carseat adapter and seat, then add the glider board later if your DS decides he doesn't want to sit in the seat. The basket is amazingly huge and it pushes like a dream. The tires are actually the forever-air that you never need to inflate, they go over anything.

I have seen a few used ones listed on eBay. When I was looking for mine early this year, there were deals on the previous years models for around $310.

V

VanIsleMommy

is it true you can't recline the seat if it's in the forward facing mode?

lovemybabybug

My BRU had an on line return one for $279 the other day. I played with it in the store and thought it was cool how it can be a single and a double. I wished I had the need for it :)

wavegal

that is true, but if you turn them both reverse they can both fully recline or partially on one

you can also
have the seats back to back and have one of them reclined 1 click,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC