SR32 in a Chicco stroller?

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I started a thread yesterday about buying an infant seat, or possibly a travel system, for my brother & his girlfriend. I've decided on the SR32 because I basically don't expect them to RF past the infant seat, so the longest lasting one would be the best choice. I could be totally wrong, though, maybe they will ERF, but just in case, I think the SR32 is the best option.

I talked to my brother (with his girlfriend in the background) last night and they both said that they do more walking than driving. They (obviously) need a car seat, but also need a nice stroller and since the Chicco strollers are nicer than the Graco strollers, I'm wondering if a SR32 would fit in a Chicco stroller, probably the Cortina.

My brother is actually more interested in baby carriers & backpacks. They do a lot of hiking and, even just for walking around town, he thinks he will prefer to use a baby carrier, so maybe I'm putting too much thought into the stroller?

The other option is that I can give them my Mac Traveler to use with the SR32 (it fits, right?) and then get them a different stroller when they are done with that one. The problem with this plan is that I :love: my Mac Traveler and would be sad if anything happened to it.

I just don't know what to do and neither of them know ANYTHING about baby gear, lol. They actually thought it would be a huge pain to take the car seat out of the car to go on the stroller every time, until I explained to them that the car seat has a base and you don't actually have to re-install it every time, lol.

Okay, so that's a big long story for a very simple question. Sorry. :eek:

ADS

louisandheather

You could always suggets an all terrain stroller with a car seat adapter instead of a regular stroller. This may fit their lifestyle better and they could get a snap and go type for the car.

NVMBR02

You could always suggets an all terrain stroller with a car seat adapter instead of a regular stroller. This may fit their lifestyle better and they could get a snap and go type for the car.

I would get them the carseat and a snap and go then they can get whatever stroller they want. If you were planning on helping them more then I would get the stroller and carseat and they can buy a snap and go for those quick trips. Since you love your easy traveller I would hesitate lending it out.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I would get them the carseat and a snap and go then they can get whatever stroller they want. If you were planning on helping them more then I would get the stroller and carseat and they can buy a snap and go for those quick trips. Since you love your easy traveller I would hesitate lending it out.

I might do that. They really can't afford ANYTHING, so I'll probably be the one buying them a different stroller later.

Louisandheather - We talked about a jogging stroller, and they like the idea of it, but are there any that are reasonable that can be used as a travel system? I know some of the more expensive ones have car seat attachments, but I'd like to stay in the $150 range for a stroller. Also, it would need to be easily fold-able because they live in a small apartment with no garage/storage shed.

NannyMom

I started a thread yesterday about buying an infant seat, or possibly a travel system, for my brother & his girlfriend. I've decided on the SR32 because I basically don't expect them to RF past the infant seat, so the longest lasting one would be the best choice. I could be totally wrong, though, maybe they will ERF, but just in case, I think the SR32 is the best option.

I talked to my brother (with his girlfriend in the background) last night and they both said that they do more walking than driving. They (obviously) need a car seat, but also need a nice stroller and since the Chicco strollers are nicer than the Graco strollers, I'm wondering if a SR32 would fit in a Chicco stroller, probably the Cortina.

My brother is actually more interested in baby carriers & backpacks. They do a lot of hiking and, even just for walking around town, he thinks he will prefer to use a baby carrier, so maybe I'm putting too much thought into the stroller?

The other option is that I can give them my Mac Traveler to use with the SR32 (it fits, right?) and then get them a different stroller when they are done with that one. The problem with this plan is that I :love: my Mac Traveler and would be sad if anything happened to it.

I just don't know what to do and neither of them know ANYTHING about baby gear, lol. They actually thought it would be a huge pain to take the car seat out of the car to go on the stroller every time, until I explained to them that the car seat has a base and you don't actually have to re-install it every time, lol.

Okay, so that's a big long story for a very simple question. Sorry. :eek:

I used my SS1 in my Chicco stroller a few (very few) times. I think it's the Cortina I have.... it's big. It will sit in the stroller, but not securely and it won't "click" on like it's supposed to with the Graco strollers.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
They say that they will be walking on sidewalks, so I don't think a jogging stroller is necessary. But, then I also think of Graco/Chicco strollers primarily for indoor walking. Am I wrong about that? They are so totally lost in the world of baby equipment that they are trusting my judgement, but I don't really have much experience with various strollers.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I used my SS1 in my Chicco stroller a few (very few) times. I think it's the Cortina I have.... it's big. It will sit in the stroller, but not securely and it won't "click" on like it's supposed to with the Graco strollers.

Thanks! The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards a Quattro Tour travel system, just for the simplicity of it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC