Question Something built similarly to the My Ride? And help w/ a solution..just 5 weeks until my due date!

rjaeh

So we are still working out our 3 across in our Caravan (link is here if you need a re-cap): http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2437441#post2437441

So after trying a few seats (Marathon, Radian, MySize70, My ride) in our van (middle 3rd row) we finally got a seat that fit and gave room for 2 boosters (Harmony youth and HBTB) to buckle. The My Ride...it gave us tons of room. Problem is, my 3yo's shoulders seemed so squished in it. He didn't act uncomfortable, but I don't think he would be in it for long before outgrowing it. He had about 1.5 inches of harness height left.

We are thinking about either just getting the MR and seeing how he does and trying to make it another year (when we can hopefully get a new van),
OR
trying either booster/infant seat/booster or booster/narrow harnessed seat/infant in the 3rd row (I would love some advice on what puzzles well in either of those combinations!)
OR
getting another 3 seat bench to offer us a bit more room in our van (is that considered safe?) and what precautions should we take if we do that??

Last edited:
ADS

Jeni-GAcpst

I didn't check out your linked post, but any of the options seem fine to me.

1.5" of torso room for a 3yo should give you a year or more of growing room. The myRide is a little narrower through the shoulders than the average convertible, but I don't think it's narrow enough to cause a problem. Just consider it a nice squishy recliner chair ;-)

There shouldn't be a problem with getting a second bench seat for the can either. I would have a certified dodge dealership do the install just to be certain the seat is properly secured to the vehicle frame and reinforced as needed.

If the marathon and MySize didn't give you enough room for the boosters, I don't think you'll find a harnessed combo seat or infant seat that fits. The combi coccoro for bebe might work though - that's a tiny seat and easy to install at the newborn angle.

I have kids crawling all over me, so that's all I've got for now. But I think you have some great options!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC