Some Radian XTSL Install Questions

amie815

Today I turned my DD back to rf'ing. She doesn't have a whole lot of weight left before she outgrows her Marathons. For height I measured about an inch and a 1.4 of torso growth room. That being said when we need to I am considering replacing her Marathons with Radian XTSLs to keep her rf'ing as long as possible. So...

How do the XTSLs install in the center rear of a 1998 Honda Civic Sedan and a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab? The Chevy has LATCH in the center rear but I assume since the manual doesn't give a specific weight it is a 40lbs limit, correct me if I am wrong. Has anyone had any issues installing an XTSL in either of these positions in these vehicles?

Also we are considering soon replacing the Civic with a 2011 Ford Fusion. We would keep the Civic but the Fusion and Silverado would be the main source of transportation for our DD. Any experience installing an XTSL in a new Fusion in the center rear?

Sorry for all the questions. I just don't know of a place I can go to check them out that is local to me and I would hate to order the seats and then find that they don't work for us and have to ship them back. Thanks for the input!

ADS

delgirrrl

I can't comment on the fit specific to the vehicle's you've mentioned, but the Radian XTSL can be LATCHed in any vehicle up to the seat's weight limits, for vehicles manufactured after September 2005. (Vehicles manufactured before September 2005 up to 40 lb only). So for your existing vehicles, 40 lb, but for your proposed new vehicle, 80lbs.

amie815

I can't comment on the fit specific to the vehicle's you've mentioned, but the Radian XTSL can be LATCHed in any vehicle up to the seat's weight limits, for vehicles manufactured after September 2005. (Vehicles manufactured before September 2005 up to 40 lb only). So for your existing vehicles, 40 lb, but for your proposed new vehicle, 80lbs.

That is awesome! Makes me really want the new car now. LOL

Mae

I don't mean to nit pick... :eek:

But the SL Radians can be used up to the full weight of the seat (with LATCH only) if the car was manufactured after September 1st, 2005, so you always want to double check the manufacture date. Often times, cars that are an '05 model were manufactured in '04. So what you would do is open the front driver door and look at the label on the inside. It should list the manufacture date there. :thumbsup: (Of course, I realize that the original poster is possibly buying a new car, but I had to mention it for the lurkers!)

Also, the Radians cannot necessarily all be LATCHed to the full 40lbs in other vehicles. It always depends on the car's limits, not the car seat's limits (except in a few rare cases where the car says to refer to the car seat's limits).

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Chevy's general LATCH limit from the '09 LATCH manual is 48lbs.

You may try the Successful Radian Install thread.. I'll find a link and come back with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC