Some changes in titles are coming

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think Advocate should come before Crazy, even.

I'd do it:

Registered User 1
Member 10
Carseat Advocate 100
CPS Crazy 1000
CPS Fanatic 5,000
Car-Seat.Org Zealot 10,000

It just seems to flow better.

Or maybe take out Advocate all together, since the other ones are "fun." replace it with "Aficionado" or something along those lines.

You're going to ban me from the site now, aren't you? ;)

Well the problem was, someone labeled an Advocate said something terribly uneducated once, and some newbie was really upset that someone with that title could be so ignorant (this is years ago, no one current, I just have a memory like an elephant ;)). So it's always bothered me that it will happen again. We could ditch the title altogether, though, I just really wanted people to earn something that sounds so important, KWIM?

gecikuh

Senior Community Member
to me an advocate is really more of a supporter and doesn't really have to know a whole lot of anything in order to "advocate" for something. just because someone is an advocate (of anything in general) that wouldn't lead ME to believe that they are highly educated on the subject...ok i suppose it would leave me to believe they were at least somewhat educated though...

anyway, ditching the word would work too, but i don't know what to replace it with either. although i did think jennie's "Aficionado" was a fun word...

JerseyGirl'sMama

A little bit OT, but I wondering about the green bars and what levels they change at, and what they say. I know it starts at 'cub writer' or something of that sort, then goes to 'earning a good rep.' Then it seems like you stay at 'almost a CPS know-it-all for at least 3 or 4 bars. What is with that? Can someone list them all out for me?

Maedze

I'll sit on the small, boring bench that words like 'fanatic' and 'crazy' don't appeal to me and sort of denigrate the cause. I prefer dignified words like "Advocate" :p

Blondie87

I liike the fun terms. If we are considering options to replace advocate, one of the beginning titles could be car seat obsessed. Which we all are.. :rolleyes:

Maedze

Yeah, don't like that, either :p

I think the funny terms under the green blocks that you see when you scroll over are enough. When people are posting on the car seat forum looking for advice, they should get the feeling that people are informed, educated and serious, not loopy-doopy. They should be titles, not goofy descriptors. :twocents:

If it were about some other sort of baby gear, I'd feel differently. Strollers? Sure. Car seats? No. They're literally deadly serious. And I think posters should be presented that way.

Yes, I'm a funsucker. :cool:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician

I think the funny terms under the green blocks that you see when you scroll over are enough. When people are posting on the car seat forum looking for advice, they should get the feeling that people are informed, educated and serious, not loopy-doopy. They should be titles, not goofy descriptors. :twocents:

If it were about some other sort of baby gear, I'd feel differently. Strollers? Sure. Car seats? No. They're literally deadly serious. And I think posters should be presented that way.

*sigh*

Maedze has a point.

crunchierthanthou

A little bit OT, but I wondering about the green bars and what levels they change at, and what they say. I know it starts at 'cub writer' or something of that sort, then goes to 'earning a good rep.' Then it seems like you stay at 'almost a CPS know-it-all for at least 3 or 4 bars. What is with that? Can someone list them all out for me?

They spread out the farther up the scale you go. I don't know the exact values for the first 5, but they're all under 100 (because that's when you get your second green square). Journalist has to be in the 50 pt range because there are some long time SCMs who have that. maybe 20, 40, 60, 80?

earning a good CPS reputation
cub writer
journalist
recognized contributor
writer
100 - 249 = editor's choice author
250 - 499 = almost a CPS know-it-all
500 - 749 = top author and CPS Guru wannabe
750 - 999 = Know it all
1,000 - 2,499 = Leader
2,500+ = Expert
however much Jools has = CPS Guru Extraordinaire :love:
Marvin = reputation over the fargin' limit

and in case anyone is wondering when you get the green squares-

1 = 5-99 (everyone starts with 5)
2 = 100-199
3 = 200-299
4 = 300-399
5 = 400-499
6 = 500-699
7 = 700-899
8 = 900-1099
9 = 1100-1299
10 = 1300-1499
11 = 1500+

uh, I think ;)

Last edited:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Lismama, I like the order you had it in. It flowed. But also, I am partial to car seat nazi also :whistle:.

About the rep, dang, I have a loooong way until I get to expert. Too bad I can't share my secrets.....

April

They spread out the farther up the scale you go. I don't know the exact values for the first 5, but they're all under 100 (because that's when you get your second green square). Journalist has to be in the 50 pt range because there are some long time SCMs who have that. maybe 20, 40, 60, 80?

earning a good CPS reputation
cub writer
journalist
recognized contributor
writer
100 - 249 = editor's choice author
250 - 499 = almost a CPS know-it-all
500 - 749 = top author and CPS Guru wannabe
750 - 999 = Know it all
1,000 - 2,499 = Leader
2,500+ = Expert
however much Jools has = CPS Guru Extraordinaire :love:
Marvin = reputation over the farging limit

and in case anyone is wondering when you get the green squares-

1 = 5-99 (everyone starts with 5)
2 = 100-199
3 = 200-299
4 = 300-399
5 = 400-499
6 = 500-699
7 = 700-899
8 = 900-1099
9 = 1100-1299
10 = 1300+

Good to know, thanks. So...how come you have 11 squares then?:whistle:

Minnesota

CPST Instructor

Boy, I'm with you, funsucker. We're going to get booed right out of town, but I agree that the goofy stuff is best reserved for the reps/green blocks. I feel like the titles are something that new users refer to when trying to determine how much validity to give to a post. Not that they should be the end-all, be-all, but they are a pretty prominent label that the average user is going to notice.

Welcome to the Funsucker club. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC