Question Solving the new seat puzzle

U

Unregistered

My 9 month old is now 29 inches and about to outgrow her Graco safeseat 30 so we're looking to get a new seat. I'm not sure which kid should get the new seat and what seat would be best for us to get.

Here is what we are working with:
- 6 year old who is 44inches and 37lbs, 3 year old who is 39 inches and 33lbs, 9 month old who is 29 inches and 22lbs
- All three sit in our Honda Odyssey. We have one FF seat in our other car to occasionally transport one of the older kids.
- Seats we currently own are two The First Years Trufit (older two in the Odyssey) and Evenflow Symphony DLX in the other car. The Symphony is great for having an adjustable harness height since both older kids use the seat. Although they are quite similar in height when seated so maybe this feature doesn't matter too much?

Here are a few options I'm thinking:
- Get the 6 year old a new seat, one with a high harness height and maybe convertable to booster and then giving his Trufit to the baby.
- Give the Symphony to the baby and get a new FF seat with high harness height for the spare care.
- Get the baby a new RF to FF convertable seat, one with high hight ratings since she is 99th percentile for height.

What do you think and what seats would you recommend? I had originally decided on the Evenflo Titan because of the height and cost but it's only sold at Walmart and is out of stock everywhere (discontinued?).

Thanks in advance for your help!

ADS

bbartlettnfld

Have you tried the Evenflo Sureride. It used to be the same as the Titan , but I think Canada only has the Sureride whereas the USA has both? *I think*

I would probably look into getting a Britax frontier or Nautilus for the eldest both make a good fitting booster once the harness is outgrown. And passing down the truefit to the baby.

5littleH2OBabies

We have the Titan 65, which is the same as the SureRide. It's only available at Walmart and probably hard to find right now because it's been on sale for $78.

Chila88

Do you know the expiry dates on your True Fits and Symphony? With a 6 year old it's possible one or more of your convertibles may be nearing expiry which might change our recommendations. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC