Question Soaking straps

Cricketina

My son poured an entire bottle of apple juice in his car seat today while we were out and about. I have another seat in my car for my niece and threw him in that while we finished up all we had to do. A couple hours later we came home, I took the cover off, and attacked it with the hose. There was juice all over everything. My husband had to shampoo my backseat, even. I was trying to be careful but I ended up impossibly soaking the straps and LATCH. He's in a Momentum, so the straps don't come out so I didn't submerge them but they are thoroughly soaked.

I tried calling Evenflo, closed. I can't find anything in the manual (I could have missed it). Couldn't find anything on their website, and I couldn't make much sense of different threads on here.

Did I totally screw up? Ugh. And of course it would appear that Evenflo doesn't sell replacement parts for his seat anymore.

Thanks in advance!

ADS

tiggercat

Did the water get into the seat's innards? Like where the straps feed into, the base, under the foam etc.? Inside the surelatch connectors and adjuster strap area?

henrietta

Did the water get into the seat's innards? Like where the straps feed into, the base, under the foam etc.? Inside the surelatch connectors and adjuster strap area?

This is what I'd be worried about, too. That it could rust the metal inside the mechanisms...but otherwise, I might be okay *personally* with using the seat for my child once it dries.

If you didn't use any harsh detergents and towel and air dry the straps on the seat, they might be okay. Manufacturers know that seats and straps can get wet sometimes when kids spill stuff. But I'd definitely call Evenflo and ask and follow their recommendation. I also wouldn't leave it sitting outside in the sun to dry.

It's possible that Evenflo would offer you a discounted seat as a replacement if there are no replacement parts available and it needs replaced. Make sure you talk to someone on the phone, not just via email. They have always been very kind and helpful at Evenflo to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC