So if the "shuttle" has seatbelts .....

ChewyMama

We are going to San Antonio in May to go to Sea World. The hotel we are going to stay in is about 2.5 miles/8 minutes away. They offer a free shuttle.

I just called and she said its a "micro bus"??? It has seat belts but they dont allow carseats. We have 4 adults going and 7 children ages 9, 8, 5, 3, 3, 1 and 4 mos.

the shuttle would be SO convenient obviously, its a lot more walking to drive over and park. But this seems really really dangerous??? Does anyone know what a "micro bus" is and if its safe? I read all the other threads about how the big buses like what they have at Disney are safe and dont need seatbelts but this doesnt sound that big?

Im assuming just because its legal (assuming it is) doesnt mean its safe. Should we just drive over ourselves?

ADS

tracyrn1

I don't think they can get away with saying you can't restrain your LO's. I find it very sad that a Sea World park shuttle is not equipped to handle cars seats since such parks are geared towards kids.

That said I would either rent my own ride or walk with double strollers for the smaller children if possible. The two 3yr old in one stroller and the 1 and 4 mon old in another then let the 2 left over adults have charge of the 5,8 and 9 yr olds

Child restraint laws can be found here:
http://www.iihs.org/laws/SafetyBeltUse.aspx

ChewyMama

well its not a park shuttle, its owned by the hotel. I understand the logistics could be a nightmare. you leave the carseats on the shuttle and then they'd have to store them back at the hotel I guess? The shuttle runs all day. So then when you are ready to leave they have to go find your particular seats (in our case, 7 of them!). It would be a disaster.

We are driving down so I guess we"ll take our own cars. Such a bummer though!

tracyrn1

I agree their shuttle would be easier but for the safety of all the children esp the 4mon, 1yr, and two 3yr olds I would rather have them strapped down safely than run the risk of an accident and one getting hurt.

Jan06twinmom

Will you have one car that fits everyone or two cars?

One option if you have more than one car and you want to save some money on parking cost would be to let the older kids go on the shuttle bus with some adults and 2 adults take the 4 little ones in the car.

Melanie

soygurl

Will you have one car that fits everyone or two cars?

One option if you have more than one car and you want to save some money on parking cost would be to let the older kids go on the shuttle bus with some adults and 2 adults take the 4 little ones in the car.

That's what I would do. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

while this may not be worth it, I do have a possible solution.

BUBBLE BUMS! and a RIDE SAFER TRAVEL VEST!

the oldest 3 kids would get bubble bums (which will fit easily in a backpack/bag with the RSTV and be kept with you), the 3yr old a rstv, and then all you have to worry about is your infant seat (and if you take a car seat carrier stroller, you'll have no trouble there)

which brings me to part 2... what stroller/strollers were you planning to take? if you took a simple frame stroller for the baby's seat, you could just rent a park one/ones for the 3yr old and possibly 5yr old.

I just wonder if the cost of the bb's and the vest would equal or be less than the cost of gas (and you could sell them on swap after the trip if you won't have use for them as spares)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC