So I ended up with a Snugride 35

lolfish

We took advantage of the trade-in special at BRU tonight, and due to their somewhat lacking selection of infant seats, we ended up bringing home a Snugride 35. It was pretty disappointing, other than floor models they only had two colors of the Keyfit. Luckily I'll never know what I'm missing, haha. But on the plus side the Snugride will apparently work with my Maclaren Easy Traveller. Also worth noting was that the online price for the seat we bought was $35 less than in-store price. So the actual savings were pretty minimal.

Anyway, I did pop in here to ask if there's anything to be aware of before I go trying to install this in my Mazda 5. Extra supplies, "will it fit", etc. etc. :) I guess I'm having cold feet since this wasn't the seat I was planning on buying at all! Almost 33 weeks now so this will be for a newborn. TIA for your thoughts.

ADS

lolfish

Okay, so I unboxed the Snugride and ran into an actual complaint here.. the buckles are PERSNICKETY! Not only that, but I had difficulty in terms of hand pain getting them buckled and unbuckled. I guess my hands are old, they have developed a slight ache at my ripe old age of 36. ;p

I'm not sure if this is a documented issue, or if it's something new to this generation, or if it's just a kink that will ease with use. (Do these parts need to be broken in?) The seat seems nice otherwise, I do wish the lesser Snugrides came with the nice padding materials as on the 35's.

D&L's-mommy

this isn't an install issue, but both my kids had graco snugrides (a 22 and a SS1) and i HATED the canopies! They weren't very thick, the wind would blow right through the canopy of the 22 and the canopy would never stay up on the ss1, if I didn't have it fully extended it would fall behind the seat all the time and get hung up on the carry handle. My friend has a 32, and she complains that the canopy would also get caught up in the handle when she's adjust the handle. Not a big deal for some, but enough for me to not want another SR

amyd

this isn't an install issue, but both my kids had graco snugrides (a 22 and a SS1) and i HATED the canopies! They weren't very thick, the wind would blow right through the canopy of the 22 and the canopy would never stay up on the ss1, if I didn't have it fully extended it would fall behind the seat all the time and get hung up on the carry handle. My friend has a 32, and she complains that the canopy would also get caught up in the handle when she's adjust the handle. Not a big deal for some, but enough for me to not want another SR

Yes, I didn't like this either. I ended up taking the canopy off. It drove me nuts.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC