Question snugride 22 questions

MommaTo3inNH

Hi! I've got a couple of questions that hopefully someone can answer. My laptop is kaput so I'm on my iPod and it's tough to do a good google search!

1. I want to be prepared in case dd needs a cloth at the crotch buckle... How do I know if she does? How do I set it up and what kind of cloth? The manual mentions nothing.

2. I love that this one came with the head support thing! BUT IMO it's scratchy and sweatty. I'd like to use a couple of rolled up blankets but again, can't seem to figure it out from the manual. I "get" that the blankets go around baby once she's buckled and they can't interfere, but how can I keep her little head from flopping?

2b. I was checking out the head supports in the store and know they are a no-no, but I don't really get why... They are identical thickness and snap placement as the one my seat came with, but more cottony/soft material. I am very tempted to get one especially after side by side comparing with the graco included one. Awful idea?

3. How do I know if I need a locking clip? I haven't done the install yet, just a quick non tight one to make sure my ds will fit next to it... We have the belts that you pull all the way out and they ratchet down and lock. I thought that was ALR buckles, which don't need a clip, but in the carseat data thread it mentions that the SR22 base often tips with this kind of belt and may need the clip.

TIA for any insight you can give me!! Pictures welcome!!!

ADS

amyd

This is a Safeseat but shows the crotch roll and side support receiving blankets.
JinSS1.jpg

I usually use the cloth at the crotch if there is quite a distance between the baby and the strap to prevent slouching.

MommaTo3inNH

Thanks for the picture, it makes sense to me now :)

I'll skip the third party headrest and just use the blankets. I'm washing the graco headrest right now in hopes it will be less scratchy and sweatty! Dh suggested putting a cloth diaper under her head over the headrest to make it more breathable... Good idea, dh!

Thanks again!!

Keeanh

The seat tipping is just annoying. It's not a safety concern. A locking clip will fix the tipping, but it's something that can wait for later if you have better things to do ;).

Kaitsmom

You can always steal a wash cloth from the hospital if you need one for the crotch buckle. I would make sure that you try out putting him in the car seat before you have a nurse standing over you ready to take you out to the car. Try it the night before discharge, you can always post a pic here and get some suggestions about what he might need. I would just add a few extra recieving blankets and washclothes to your hospital bag, they don't take up much room and it's better to have a few extra. Don't put anything BEHIND his head, there is always the chance of it pushing his head foreward if it moves around or something. You can just take the headrest from the car seat out if you don't like it and use the recieving blankets.

Do you have a front or rear adjust snugride?

MommaTo3inNH

Thanks!! I am packing my bag tomorrow and will throw in receiving blankets ands washcloth (I got a 4 pack of the thinnest receiving blankets known to man from my bff's grandma, god love her, they will be perfect support!) The headrest feels much softer after washing and drying, so Im going to give it a shot.

As for the locking clip, I'm installing tomorrow and will get it right so I don't have to worry about tipping at some point down the line. Dd's ff'ing boulevard already tips because of seatbelt install and it's SO annoying to look at (and it isn't even that noticeable) Just to clarify, if I use the locking clip, I do not also lock the seatbelt, correct?

My last two kids the nurse didn't even inquire about car seats, didn't ask to see them on it or anything! I was quite surprised... I will have quite a bit of time on discharge day before dh comes to get me, plenty of time to fiddle with things :0) I will definitely pop on if I have questions (if I have wi-fi!)

Thanks again for the input!!!

Oh ps, someone asked what seat - it's a snugride 22 rear adjusting. I had the same seat when my two others were babies (not the actual same but a snugride 22 lol!) and it doesn't bother me much, the rear adjusting.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC