Side Impact Booster for tall child, her legs hurt!

TLPiper

I'm in search for a booster for my 7 year old girl. She's 52 inches tall, an inch from outgrowing her Radian XLT. After a 2 hour car trip on Friday it's time to retire this seat and get the belt positioning booster she's been wanting. She complained most of the ride that her legs hurt.

I was considering the Kiddy Cruiserfix, but I'm concerned as the headrests will not remove from our Durango. I'm unsure this seat will rest properly in the back seat.

Clearly I need a deep seat. I'd like to have side impact protection.

It appears the Evenflo Right Fit and the Evenflo Big Kid Amp have deep seats.

I'm not sure about the Graco Affix, but sure do like that it has latch as I drive a good 35 miles to work every day and I'm sure we won't be good about buckling in an empty booster.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

ADS

kimigal

I am searching for the same for my DS. I checked out the Graco Turbobooster and Affix in BRU yesterday, they are ok but I feel like I want that extra side impact protection too. These seats all seem really narrow in the seat to me, when my DS sat in them there was not a lot of room for his hips. I think the depth of the seats were ok but can't really remember. I need to try them out in the car itself.

His favorite was the Evenflo RightFit but that doesn't have LATCH and I'm the same as you, I don't want to have to buckle in an empty seat all the time.

I might wait until the Chicco KidFit comes out this month to compare that one as well. That will have LATCH.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If her legs hurt, they may need support. Roll up and tie an old sleeping bag and put it on the floor of the vehicle as a footrest.

henrietta

I'm in search for a booster for my 7 year old girl. She's 52 inches tall, an inch from outgrowing her Radian XLT. After a 2 hour car trip on Friday it's time to retire this seat and get the belt positioning booster she's been wanting. She complained most of the ride that her legs hurt.

I was considering the Kiddy Cruiserfix, but I'm concerned as the headrests will not remove from our Durango. I'm unsure this seat will rest properly in the back seat.

Clearly I need a deep seat. I'd like to have side impact protection.

It appears the Evenflo Right Fit and the Evenflo Big Kid Amp have deep seats.

I'm not sure about the Graco Affix, but sure do like that it has latch as I drive a good 35 miles to work every day and I'm sure we won't be good about buckling in an empty booster.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I definitely would not recommend the Evenflo Rightfit. It's not very tall at all..and she's already 52" tall. The same height as my 9.5 year old (who isn't "tall", but still). Plus, the foam on the side isn't exactly attached to the seat sides and it's very easily broken. I wanted to love it...was going to buy one for my 6 year old...but I'm not spending that much on a seat that would be broken in two days. ;)

The Amp seat pan is fairly deep...my 9.5 year old still fits in it as a high back, but probably not for too long.

tobypuppy

I'd look into a recaro performance booster. It's fairly tall, has good leg support, and awesome side impact protection. Another good option is the Diono Cambria. Both of them can be LATCHed.

aeormsby

I would also suggest the Recaro Performance booster, we've had ours for over a year and love it. Lots of leg support, DS sleeps great in it and he still has lots of growing room at 7yo. The only downside is that it doesn't convert to a NBB, but those are cheap so that's not a huge issue IMO.

TLPiper

I looked up the Chicco Kidfit and ordered one. I cannot find any information on the internal seat depth. If it doesn't work out I'll return it to Target and go back to square one...

Anyone else having luck with the deep seat booster seats?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC