She's too tall!

scatterbunny

I installed Hayley's Futura in Mark's truck today and when I put her in I noticed that her shoulders are now a smidge OVER the top slots! :eek: I'm so sad. I need to double-check how she fits when it's in my van because I could swear she still fits when it's there, just barely.

Now we have nothing to use for the truck if we all ride in it as a family. It means she uses the Parkway outboard and I'm unsafe in the center lapbelt with no headrest. :(

I think we'll be paying the $68 to have a tether anchor installed in the center and getting a KidY/RideRyte combo. Nothing else will be narrow enough to fit in the middle of the truck except the Radian and I just can't justify one with her torso height being what it is already.

Then I need to start looking for a used Husky or a good deal on a Regent for my van. We won't have the money for another month or so, so she'll be using the Parkway exclusively, I think. Or maybe the Laptop in my van if she can handle it. :rolleyes:

ADS

LuvBug

can she use the laptop in the truck? or is she too tall for it?(how do you know with the laptop anyway?)
I know DS fits differently in the same seat in different cars, just like he does in the same seat in the house vs installed in the car.
Strange how it does.

scatterbunny

Yeah, she's too tall for the Laptop in the truck (no headrest there, and the tips of her ears are over the vehicle seatback). She can use it in my van in the spot that her Futura normally goes, it has a headrest (but only a lapbelt, go figure).

LuvBug

well at least she is set in your van if when you put it back in she is over the slots.
She really lasted a long time in that!

scatterbunny

I know. I'm so thankful. When we got it in September 2005 I really didn't think she'd last over a year in it, and to 4 feet tall!

hsjwmom

Jenny, I've become a compulsive bargain hunter so I'll try to keep an eye out for a good deal on a Regent or a Husky...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Oh man ~ the RR booster is pretty wide :eek: I'm not sure of the exact measurement, but definitely more than the Futura.... Have you been able to check out the Radian :confused: Although it's more $ :(

Splash

Hayley is too close to the top slots in the Radian, that's why she doesn't want it.

Do I have to be the one to suggest the obvious?

Why is there ever any reason that the three of you MUST be in the truck together? As a family, why can't you just take your van?

RubysGirl

yeah, it sounds like avoiding the truck would be your best bet. That can be a big inconvenience, I'm sure. What are the circumstances usually when you must use the truck? Just for camping trips and things like that? Would it be possible to rent a truck or save to buy an older extended cab pickup?

Of course there's nothing wrong with the harness and booster, it just sounds so cramped. LOL.

scatterbunny

Yes, we use the truck when camping or when we need to haul stuff in the back of the truck or when the weather is bad and we need the 4x4 capabilities. It happens often enough that I'd like a safe option for the truck.

My van will probably need replaced sooner than the truck, the van has more mechanical issues than the truck does. But I told Mark that when it is replaced it MUST be a crew cab (I don't want extended cab, not enough head excursion room IMO).

With her shoulders over the slots of the Futura I don't think she has enough room in the Radian to justify the cost.

I wonder how much wider the RR is than the Futura, exactly? We could handle it if it was just an inch or two.

Thanks, Milcah--we should have carseat money in 4-8 weeks, depending on when our tax refund comes in (rapid refund is awesome, LOL).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I wish I still had my RR to help you out.... But, their customer service was so helpful before, it's worth a call :) :) :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC