Sharing a carseat?

Freekel

Buying a new seat is not really an option :(
The seats are installed with the seat belts and I don't think the seats recline (2012 ford edge)
I will try and get some better pics of her in the seat, she was not happy I was trying to buckle her in, she wanted to play dollhouse!

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'd like to see what that harness looks like tightened and chest-clipped. I think that will make a difference. I don't think it's ideal, but I think if it is properly positioned, it might not be UNsafe.

Freekel

Ok here are some pics, she's sitting up straight but I hD her tilt her head in some so you can see where the straps come out.

Attachments

• image-4122462567.jpg
    image-4122462567.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 22
  • image-1461865929.jpg
    image-1461865929.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image-3627341085.jpg
    image-3627341085.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 23
  • image-1186532032.jpg
    image-1186532032.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 22

babyherder

This is what I would try to do in this situation. I would get the torso heights of all the kids/what slot they are on in the Frontier85. It sounds like the 5 year old is the tallest so I would hope that the next tallest is only down a slot from her. I would also try to see if the other 3 children could all fit in a different seat that has a harness that adjusts without uninstalling (such as the Evenflo Triumph 65 or I think, the True Fit). If they would I would try to sell one Frontier85 and use the money to get a seat for the other 3 children to share. That way its easier to adjust one seat for the shortest child. So a child might have to sit in a seat with the straps too high but hopefully it will be a middle height child in the seat adjusted to the tallest child and not the shortest child in the seat adjusted to the tallest one.

Also, are either the 5 year old or 5.5 year old ready for boosters?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC