seats w/anti-rebound bar

wnkw

What seats have the bar? Would be for a newborn. I know the chaperones and shuttle do. Are their any other infant seats? Also what convertibles? I saw the clek one that is not out yet, but that wouldn't be for a newborn. Are they better or worse? I scanned an article suggesting that infants should rebound a bit, but never looked into it more. In a city where there is a babies r u and that's about it. We live over an hour away where there is nothing but walmart.

ADS

jeminijad

The True Fit Premier has a bar.

Radian car seats, Combi Coccoro and the Britax convertible seats don't have a bar, but can be tethered rear facing, which has the same anti-rebound feature.

wnkw

I forgot tfp. We've had a radian and always stick with britax. Im not sure how /where to tether in my 06 maxima.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The First Years/Lamaze Via has a handle that is put forward (or toward the seatback) in the car, turning into an anti-rebound bar. Some seats require the handle to be up, which can serve an anti-rebound purpose.

wnkw

Babies r us had none of those. If anyone hs any experience with any of these in a maxima, please let me know :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Are you sure they don't have the Via? It's probably under the Lamaze brand. Mine has it in store.

I don't have experience with it in that vehicle, but the base installation is very straight-forward. The seat itself is remarkably compact for something that will hold a very large child.

wnkw

I didn't see it. The only infant seats I saw were Graco, chicco, and some other cheaper seat. It is a babies r us hooked to a toys r us so ive come to the conclusion that they will never have what im looking for. I can't figure out how to tether rear facing. Any suggestions? I've googled it and found nothing on my car, and the manual says nothing about tethering rf.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The only seats that allow rear facing tethering are Radians, Combi Coccoro, and the Britax convertibles. Those seats come with instructions to tether while rear facing. No other seats should be tethered in the rear facing position.

There are no infant seats available in the US or Canada that tether.

wnkw

Oh I know not infant seats. I have yet to decide if we will use convertible or infant seat. Is there not a dedicated tether anchor for rf like ff?

aept

wnoelw said:
I didn't see it. The only infant seats I saw were Graco, chicco, and some other cheaper seat. It is a babies r us hooked to a toys r us so ive come to the conclusion that they will never have what im looking for. I can't figure out how to tether rear facing. Any suggestions? I've googled it and found nothing on my car, and the manual says nothing about tethering rf.

I dont have a maxima, but we have owned a variety of vehicles in the past 5 years. First, slide the front seats all the way forward. Usually there will be some metal rails under the drivers seat and front passengers seat, the ones that the seat slides back and forth on to adjust. Try near the base of one of those rails, or "seat legs". Sometimes you need to remove a plastic end cap type thing to wrap the tether anchor d-ring webbing around the metal part better. Make sure you pick a metal part that is bolted to the floor of the car. Don't just clip the tether anchor right on to the metal car part, use the d-ring. Keep the webbing as far back as possible as to not interfere with the sliding ability of the front seat.

Take pics of your "under front seat area" if you aren't sure.

wnkw

Ok thanks. With dd1 (4.5) we went from infant seat to ff seat and I had never heard of rf after 1 or outgrowing the infant seat. No one around here hardly rf to 1 so I can't find anyone to help.

henrietta

Ok thanks. With dd1 (4.5) we went from infant seat to ff seat and I had never heard of rf after 1 or outgrowing the infant seat. No one around here hardly rf to 1 so I can't find anyone to help.

You do now know about keeping your dc rearfacing till at least 2 years old, right? Longer if possible. :) They are 75% more likely to have a severe or deadly head or neck injury if they are forward facing under the age of 2. And we know that the benefits continue well past 2--real life..and Sweden's use of rearfacing seats till kids are 4, 5, or even 6 over many years proves it well.

Congrats on your new baby!!!

FWIW, we had the Lamaze infant seat's predecessor--Compass I400. I really liked MOST things about it, and I suspect they fixed everything I didn't like w/the newest model. I'd be very tempted to buy that seat for a new baby.

GL!

henrietta

wnkw

Yup, I know now. When our pediatrician said we could switch to ff, we did. She wouldn't have lasted in most seats weight wise then, but I didn't know anyway. She has been 45 lbs for atleast 2.5 years now. Anyway, I guess im still stuck in the britax bubble. Dd1 had a graco snugride then safe seat. We've had a radian and couple of britax convertibles, and now she's in a frontier 85. The plan is to rf til atleast 2-3. We're still undecided about using an infant seat or just skipping to a convertible...which has me on the search for the perfect seat with either rf tether or anti-rebound bar.

Kaitsmom

So your dest was 45lbs by 2? If so, i am a worst case planner, i would go with a Radian and that way if she follows her sisters growth path you will make 2 rfing. You can also look at the Clek Foonf when it comes out in June, it will be about $450 from what i understand.

An infant seat, to me, is about convience. You can move them without waking them, get them buckled in and covered in the house, ect. I still dont love them, may concider a Cybex Aton if i have another girl but only because they have a black and purple one and my husband prefers a carrier. I would rather babywear and not have to figure out where to put the infant seat when i shop, or have to use 2 buggies, and i hated lugging oue last one around. So the choice of convertible vs bucket is up to you.

wnkw

Yes, bc of some medical issues she gained a ton of weight. Dd2 is with my husband now (not same as dd1) so who knows how big she'll be. The convenience of the bucket is the only reason I want one. I just hate to spend so much and move to a convertible in a few months.. the whole sunshine kids /Diono name switch and latch issues caused me to get rid of dd1s radian. I just didn't trust them anymore. I guess I might just order a chaperones from somewhere I can return and maybe the clek at 6 months. We still have 11 weeks to figure it out I guess..

Kaitsmom

I didnt mention, the Foonf is not going to work until the child is about 6 months. Have you had a Chaperone before or tryed it out in your current vehical?

wnkw

Yup, I know. That's why I was still considering the chaperone. I have not tried it. No one carries it in store. Our frontier 85 fits all the way on the seat (with some extra seat past the carseat) no overhang, so im hoping it will fit. I don't plan on using a carseat/stroller often or for long periods of time, but we have a b-ready so it would be convenient. As long as it is installed on the passenger side (automatic sliding driver seat wont allow a rear facing carseat without hitting it), I think it will work - maybe wishful thinking. Our doctors are over an hour away so I really just want a safe seat that will keep her reclined as far back as she needs to be.

aept

Are you considering the true fit c670 with the rebound bar? It's what I'm leaning towards for when I need to replace our blvd which expires later this year.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC