Question Seats for my mom's van

agave

My mom wants seats for her 2000 or 2001 custom van. There is no latch or tether's. She wants the seat in the back bench so they don't need to be moved when they carry other adults. There is tons of space. Assuming it installs well my Radian 80 will go the van when my oldest turns 4 and moves to her Frontier 85.

So assuming the Radian works. Do I instal the Radian RF and get a Nautilus and be done or install the Radian FF and get a Scenera and hope my youngest fits RF until my oldest is ready for a booster. My nephew has a Parkway SG, it's easy enough to move. There are no headrests in the back and there is just a lap belt in the center.

I had planned on a Maestro but there are no tethers. I hesitate to get a Nautilus because I'd prefer a lighter booster since I can't use latch.

What would you do?

Last edited:
ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
How old and heavy are all the kids? I'm a little confused since you've mentioned multiples of your own plus a nephew.

I think I'm getting that there's 4 year old and then a younger child? Since there are no tethers available, I'd prefer to rear face if at all possible. Does your 4 year old fit RF in the Radian? If so, I'd do that, and pick up a MyRide, Triumph, or a True Fit for the younger child and RF them as well.

Does the van have locking seat belts? If not I'd probably look at a seat that has lockoffs so you don't have to bugger with a locking clip.

agave

DD1 isn't 4 until June but the Radian won't be demoted to spare until then when she gets to turn FF in my van. She is 38 1/2" all torso and 34 lbs. The Radian has a 35 lb RF limit so she'll be FF. My 2 yr old is 25 lbs and about 33".

The seat belts do lock but they have ridiculously long buckle stalks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC