seats for grammas car

Jordynsmama

Hi everyone! Finally I got my internet back after like a year.. I wanted to focus on my pre-nursing classes and not get addicted to the internet:) b/c then Id never study-so now that its summer I can come back for a bit....
anyway my mom watches my twins every other friday and also sometimes I just dont want to take my car everytime we go somewhere so she is buying seats for her rav 4. We cant afford MA'S for her car so I said oh just get the scenera but realized there was no eps and changed my mind. she saw the chase at walmart and was gonna do that but it had bad reviews and I didnt like the way it looked so I looked at more evenflo seats and liked the titan sport...its about 65$ so thats a good eal and ff till 50 lbs......does it RF till 35?? My kiddos are still rf'ing in my car and would like to keep them in her car as well. Anyone have them? Easy to install? will 2 fit with Jordyn in the middle(she's almost 8 and about 70lbs) so her bb would be best but if it doesnt fit its fine...(shes still in the Parkway in my car)
Thanks guys!!

ADS

firemomof3

The Titan is OK but I would try and get 2 Avenues instead :twocents: It has a taller shell and is narrower. You can sometimes find them at Sears or online.
Oh, and what are the stats on your twins? And its nice to "see" you again!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
An Evenflo Chase is a FFing only seat and not an appropriate choice for a 17mo.

The Titan would be a good choice, but kids will not make it to 50# before outgrowing it by height. An Avenue would also be a good choice.

Splash

Avenues are $60 right now on the Safety 1st website. Vastly preferable to the Titan.

However, if it does have the crossover belts, then there is no way you can fit 2 carseats plus a person, period. Even if they fit, they wouldn't be able to be buckled.

Jordynsmama

The Titan is OK but I would try and get 2 Avenues instead :twocents: It has a taller shell and is narrower. You can sometimes find them at Sears or online.
Oh, and what are the stats on your twins? And its nice to "see" you again!

About 5 months ago they were 23 and 27 lbs...at 13 months.
Madisyn the bigger one :) now I would say 25 and 30 or something...I dont know about height but she is taller and she is in the higher percentile...he is average. I will look into the avenues...Its nice to be back on here:)

Jordynsmama

Avenues are $60 right now on the Safety 1st website. Vastly preferable to the Titan.

However, if it does have the crossover belts, then there is no way you can fit 2 carseats plus a person, period. Even if they fit, they wouldn't be able to be buckled.

Does cross over belt mean the one that comes out of the roof of the car??
B/c yes it has that.....She could "fit"but she'd be smashed. Well my mom could use my stepdads car the days she watched\s them...he has a chevy avalanche.

Chameleon

No, not the belts that come out of the roof. Those are fine by themselves. But you do have the issue of crossover seat belts. It means that you can not safely use all three seat belts at once. The middle and passenger seat belt interfere with each other. Also, the RF seats can not touch the seats in front of them.

NannyMom

I love my Titans. But don't count on them lasting to 50 pounds. The Titan has lowish top slots (around 14-15 inches). It's usually outgrown forward facing by 2-3yrs. It has a short-ish shell too, but it kept my daughter rear facing to 3yrs. The Avenue has a taller shell and higher top slots. But I prefer my Titan. It's all in personal preference though.

Splash

The belts in the vehicle are basically D. C. D. C. P. P. The d and c cannot be used at the same time. It's a horrid setup and I'm baffled as to how they can legally market it as a 5 seater.

Jordynsmama

The belts in the vehicle are basically D. C. D. C. P. P. The d and c cannot be used at the same time. It's a horrid setup and I'm baffled as to how they can legally market it as a 5 seater.

It so funny but kind of bad b/c I knew I was pregnant with twins when my mom bought the car but I was too scared to tell her(I wated a whole month) and if I had said something she would have most likely gotten a bigger car...so dumb but anyway yeah I HATE her backseat. Its supposed to be a small SUV but my altima could fit both babies and jordyn across all in seats:whistle:.....well then she would have to use the other car but thats fine.

Also the RF seats cant touch the seats in front of them?? I didnt know that. Geez I suck.

Chameleon

It so funny but kind of bad b/c I knew I was pregnant with twins when my mom bought the car but I was too scared to tell her(I wated a whole month) and if I had said something she would have most likely gotten a bigger car...so dumb but anyway yeah I HATE her backseat. Its supposed to be a small SUV but my altima could fit both babies and jordyn across all in seats:whistle:.....well then she would have to use the other car but thats fine.

Also the RF seats cant touch the seats in front of them?? I didnt know that. Geez I suck.

You don't suck. It's not all cars that RF seats can't touch the seats in front of them. A lot of newer cars prohibit the seats touching because of the advance airbags. Toyota is just well known for putting it in their car manual.

StillThankful

Hi there! Nice to see you back:)

I have Titans and love them. HOwever, I've never owned an Avenue. The Titans were easy to install Rfing in my both my 94 accord (outboard with locking clips, center w/ lap belt) and in my 95 odyssey (with automatic locking retractor belts).

You stated that your mom would have to use the other car, since your mom's car is a 4 passenger van. What is the other car--your altima?

Please keep us updated.

babyherder

I'm not sure I'd buy a seat with a 35 lb rf limit for a child that's around 30 lbs at under 2 years old. Just seems like she would be young when she hits the rf limit.

bubbaray

I just got a 2010 RAV4 (which I :love:) -- its definitely only a 2 seater rear seat for child restraints. For *me*, the fact that this is essentially a 4-seater is a plus. I traded in my '05 Ody (which I also loved), but wanted 4WD and a smaller vehicle. The main plus is that the ILs won't be able to ride in my van anymore.... :whistle: I also like that it has more HP and is just generally more sporty and less of a Mommy Bus.

If your mom absolutely had to put your older DD in that vehicle (ie., medical emergency or such), *I* would use either a low profile harnessed seat (like the RN) in the front for your oldest, or possibly a LBB in the front for her. Something that would keep her as far away from the airbag a possible. The RAV4 has good crash test ratings.

If you want to use RFg RNs for your twins, I'd definitely try that out IRL before you buy if at all possible. I'm 5'9" with a 34" inseam and I'm pretty sure that I couldn't get a RFg RN behind my driver's seat in the RAV4.

Your stepdad's Avalanche should be able to fit 3 across no problem -- its the same wheelbase as the Suburban and Escalade.

Jordynsmama

Hi there! Nice to see you back:)

I have Titans and love them. HOwever, I've never owned an Avenue. The Titans were easy to install Rfing in my both my 94 accord (outboard with locking clips, center w/ lap belt) and in my 95 odyssey (with automatic locking retractor belts).

You stated that your mom would have to use the other car, since your mom's car is a 4 passenger van. What is the other car--your altima?

Please keep us updated.

No the other car would be my stepdads avalanche....the altima is my old car-now I have a van and my mom has a rav 4 :)
I think just b/c they are cheaper by like 20$ and my mom is on a budget and my sis can get us a discount at walmart we'll get the titans most likely...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC