seats for 3 cars

tesslouise

Here's what we've got:
A 2010 Mazda5 the kids ride in most often
A 2007 Ford four-door pickup truck that the kids ride in occasionally
A 2007 Ford Focus that the kids do not ride in now but DD1 will ride in to school every day once it starts

In the Mazda, a Britax Pinnacle for DD1 (age 5, 41.5 inches tall, 31.5 lbs.) and a RFing Chicco NextFit for DD2 (turns 2 Sunday, about 24 lbs., will learn height Monday)

In the truck, an expired hand-me-down Britax Decathlon for DD1 that (obviously) needs to be replaced (don't worry, she hasn't ridden in it since it expired in July) and a RFing Evenflo Triumph Advance for DD2

In the Focus, no seats yet

Not installed, a hand-me-down (yes, trusted source) Britax Boulevard CS manufactured in 2009 (so it will expire in November 2015) that I am cleaning right now (I won't wash the straps, don't worry). I can get a second Boulevard from the same friend, as her kids are now in boosters.

Either DD can ride in a Boulevard (assuming DD1 isn't too tall?) but that leaves us one seat short if we want DD2 to be able to ride in the Focus.

Do I want a cheap convertible for DD2 or a cheap harnessed seat (like the currently out-of-stock Harmony Defender) for DD1?

How will the Boulevards fit in the Focus? RFing or FFing? I'm not worried about fitting anything in the truck, it's huge.

Ease of use is important, the EFTA works beautifully but the NextFit makes my MIL crazy as it has to have the harness loosened and tightened again to get DD2 in and out of the seat. Is the EFTA still made? Because I hated how it fit in the Mazda but it does install nicely in the Focus.

I won't even ask about three-across until I'm actually pregnant....

Last edited:
ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
With those seats you have, I would probably get a combo seat for dd1. Harmony has been out of the Defenders for most of the summer now--have you tried buying directly from them? The Evenflo SecureKid would be a good alternative option and I think the Nautilus goes on sale often. September is baby month, so nearly everything goes on sale.

The older style Britax seats usually fit really well in all kinds of cars, so I wouldn't worry about the fit in the Focus. I'm pretty sure I saw the EFTA on Evenflo's website the last time I was on there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC