Question Seatbelt locked around booster

FrauDrA

I have a strange problem...

In April (while he was successfully riding in a booster while in Germany with my husband) I converted my eldest's Frontier XT to booster mode. Yesterday, while he was in it, the seatbelt locked. Once we got home, he climbed out, but the belt got caught on the outboard arm rest of the Frontier and is now tight. I didn't have time last night to try to uninstall the seat and wiggle it free, hopefully will be able to do so today. But if that doesn't work, then what??

The vehicle is a 2012 Volvo XC70.

Thanks!

ADS

FrauDrA

Phew! By releasing the inboard LUAS and the TT, I was able to get enough slack in the seatbelt to "re-set" the lock. I was having visions of needing to take it into the dealer, prolly part of the reason I couldn't sleep last night :p

mam521

Ugh...my daughter has done this with FRXT and her Oobr...unlatch UAS and rotate to get around armrest typically works.

Happy you got it figured!

nannykates

This has happened to me before, I unlatch everything, turn the seat a 45 degree angle to the vehicle seat and slip it off the armrest. Then curse the rinoserous sized seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC