Question Seat Rec

Xandra

What would you recommend to Mom of a 2.11mo old who weighs 38lbs? He is currently in an AOE, so only has 2lbs left. He is under the top useable slots thankfully. I was going to recommend the Maestro, but thought the 50lb weight limit might cut him short. This family will be moving to Thailand in the next year as missionaries. Not even sure they use carseats there! Anyway, do you think the 50lb limit is fine, or would you recommend a MyRide for the 65lbs and recline (parents had AOE installed fully reclined FF for sleeping). Or the Nauti for the same price? There is a baby to pass seats down to. Thank-you!

ADS

kalamos23

My 18mo was 36lbs and stayed there until 2y11mo when she shot up to 46 lbs. She is still 45 to 46 lbs at almost 4, so the maestro may actually last him a while still. That being said, I would go for the nautilus hands down as it will last the longest.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

kalamos23

Oh, doesn't the true fit ff to 65 lbs? That could be an option, especially bc it has the builtin lockoffs.

Misty-Bug

the true fit would be a nice option. Especially because it can be passed down. It does have the lock offs and has a harness limit of 65lbs FFing and 35lbs RFing.

Misty-Bug

Is the Babies 'R Us version of the TF a good option? Meaning does it have lock-offs, etc?

all true fits have lock offs. it is a good seat. If you want you can provide a link to the exact one you are questioning.
Are you in the US or Canada?

ETA: sorry, I see it says California.
Maybe someone has an idea of online places for you in the US

ETA: again.........sorry. lol. but I see the Radian is $30 more at BRU. Although it can be a bit more difficult to install in vehicles it is another choice. read your vehicle manual as well

kalamos23

The radian doesn't have builtin lockoffs though. From the first years site, it says that the lamaze TF does have lockoffs and that all the true fits do.

Misty-Bug

The radian doesn't have builtin lockoffs though. From the first years site, it says that the lamaze TF does have lockoffs and that all the true fits do.

DUH! That's right. sorry I think I am getting two posts mixed up. lol

Xandra

Update: Met Mom at BabiesRUs today to look at all the seats. Mom decided on the MyRide (which we then got at Target on clearance for $136!). Went home with her so we could install in the shade. Helped her install RF for her DS1 :) She's going to weigh him every day until he gains that 2lbs. She decided on the MyRide because of how reclined it is FF. She had been using the AOE reclined FF so she's used to that recline so he can sleep well. Also helped her switch out her DS2's Snugride for the AOE. We needed a noodle, even though it has a base, but it went in easy (both did actually). Her DS1 is even with the 2nd to top slots, would need top slots when he turns.

Mom said to thank everyone for your help :)

Xandra

I did it and then had her copy what I did. She's good at installing, just needed to show her the trick of putting your knee in the seat, as well as pulling slack from the belt at the female buckle, not the shoulder belt where it comes from the wall. Also had to teach her the noodle jazz lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC