Seat for 3 yo in EU

U

Unregistered

My 3 yr old needs a new seat. I didn't realize how heavy she is. A few weeks ago she was 17.? KGs, naked at the hospital. I knew she was getting to tall as her ears are now at the top of her seat.(a roemer duo plus, I think?) I don't actually know how tall she is, but she is tall.
I would like a seat I can try out before buying (hence why we have a roemer duo plus and not a swedish rfing seat) I have a Touran, my husband is so tall he has to sit with his seat all the way back. I am short, so I sit pretty close. I prefer isofix, because I know it is done right. We have a baby in an infant seat for now, but we'll also be looking for something new for him in the next year, not soon.

anysuggestions for older child?

ADS

Leche Mami

It sounds like you would RF her in a Swedish seat if you could try one first. If that is correct, you should be able to try out the Volvo badged Britax MultiTech at your local dealership. We have had ours in a Touran without issue and we have one in the small backseat of our 2001 Volvo V40. It fits better than an infant seat! It is also super secure and easy to install. We also have a Swedish ISOFIX seat and prefer the MultiTech for ease of install, higher RF weight limit, and ease of carrying outside of the car. The MT also takes up less space!

U

Unregistered

Before I started using the roemer I looked into getting a seat from Volvo (and from VW) both said according to their website that one can try them on first, but in reality neither of them do. i contated them and went there and got nothing, except they told me i could order it, pay for it, then try it out. I am not interested in that beause i could just as well have it shipped to my house. The closest Volvo is 45 minute drive without traffic. We have tons of VWs though, but still doesn't matter. How much taller is the mt shell compared to the duo plus.

Also had does it work with the straps around the feet of the seat for people who are different heights? I worry when adjusting the seat to taller/shorter settings I would need to readjust the straps.

Do you happen to have pics of it in your touran?

oh also is there one that is harder to open? she has recently figured out how to unbuckle herself and her brother and likes to do it while the car is in motion. I talked to her about why she shouldn't, but she just laughs.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't know if ISOFIX limits have changed yet (I read they were going up),but if they haven't, the weight limit is 40# which your child is nearing. In that case, get a Swedish RF seat with higher weight limit and seat belt install.

joyride

There is exactly one european harnessed seat above 18kg forwardfacing,
and this is the Britax Two Way you will only get in Sweden.

So if you don´t want to change to a booster, you must order a swedish seat online. I would go with the Two Way. With all other seats, you are stuck to rearfacing because your child is above 18.0kg soon.

Forget Volvo. They only order a seat for you if you pay immediately ;)
So no return possible.

Joy

Leche Mami

Sorry no pics in the Touran. It was not ours. The MT is VERY easy to unbuckle so you may not want it due to that. Our 4.5 year old has never tried to unbuckle any of our other seats and unbuckles the MT as soon as the car stops. We also have a Two-Way. It is a very nice seat. Our son likes both. If you can disable the passenger airbag, you could also consider putting a Swedish seat in the front and you or DH riding in the back.

Adventuredad

- Multi Tech fits pretty well in a Touran. Please let me know if you want to see photos of it in your car. (hakan AT carseat.se)

- Maximum Isofix weight is 18 kg for rear and forward facing seats. Exception is high back boosters where it's 36 kg. Three years of age is too early in my opinion for a booster seat.

- Both Multi Tech and Two-Way will keep kids rear facing to around age 5-6 or 125 cm of height.

- Tether straps are normally attached to seat rails which means seats can slide without adjusting them. In case seat bight in used they need to be adjusted but this doesn't take many seconds.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC