seat belt extenders for booster seat use

Jolene36

Hi,

I am trying to fit 3 seats across the back of my 1999 Mercury Villager. I have a Diono Radian in the middle and I have 2 narrow high back boosters on either side of that. The problem is my kids can't belt themselves in because it's TIGHT and I was thinking of purchasing a seat belt extender that is made for this purpose but I question if it's safe. Anyone know? I need a few more inches length so they can grab it and click the belt in. This is something I'm looking at:

http://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/type-c-car-seat-belt-extender/

ADS

Jolene36

Aw...too bad! I'm really having a hard time figuring this out. I can't even belt them in without a fight because it's too tight. The seats I have are very narrow but the back bench is just small in general! Boo!

canadiangie

How old is the Radian rider? Weight? Height?

What boosters are you using?

Sometimes a Graco MyRide 65 is the missing link in situations like this. It's a seat that appears wide at first glance, but it's very narrow (much narrower than a Radian) along the base and back portion. Kids sitting adjacent to a MyRide have significantly more room to reach down and buckle their booster.

mdsvc89

I have a tight 3 across, and the way I buckle the outboard boosters is to pull them out slightly with the kid already sitting in them, buckle, push the seat back into the car, then adjust the seatbelt. The outboard kids really can't buckle themselves, but it works...

Michelle

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC