Search Engine Issues

StillThankful

WHen I'm searching something on here, I only get hits from today and a few days earlier. For example, I just searched "britax marathon" and only got a few hits in the span of about a week. Did something change? I used to be able to get hits from several years. The only way I was able to find an older thread today was by by getting off CSO and googleing it--then I found it on our site. :confused:

ADS

amelia222

There was a pop-up thingy at the top of the page yesterday that said search will only work for recent threads and to use the google search bar for older stuff.

jacqui276

I had been wondering too since every time I search for anything absolutely nothing pops up. I must not be searching any terms for recent threads. Good to know that its supposed to be doing that I suppose.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I am hoping this will be resolved over the weekend if at all possible. If so, the internal search will not be available at all while the index is rebuilt from scratch. This could take 1-2 days and might cause the forums to be a little slower than normal over the weekend, but hopefully completed before peak times on Monday.

akcowgirl

Is there an update on when the search function will be fixed? I can't search on the main site or on the iPhone app. Thanks :)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Google search box under the top Navbar is working. I am waiting to hear from the search provider as to the status of the forum internal search engine fix. At the latest, I would expect it will be running again by Saturday morning if it works this time.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The rebuild seems to have at least partially worked this time, so that is progress. I understand the provider is going to try to resume the process to complete it at some point, so this may cause some slowness as before. I'm hoping this is all fixed this weekend!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The search engine repair is completed. The archives should all be indexed now. If you notice any "holes", such as a search that misses a post you know exists and should have been included in the results, please post here. Please try to include a link to the missing post if at all possible.

StillThankful

The search engine repair is completed. The archives should all be indexed now. If you notice any "holes", such as a search that misses a post you know exists and should have been included in the results, please post here. Please try to include a link to the missing post if at all possible.

Thanks for all your hard work! We all really appreciate it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC