Question School drop off and booster training

ADS

Dorothy

It just depends on her height. It has an 18.5" top slot vs 20.5" of the Frontier 90. If this will be an ongoing issue, I'd get the FR.

Her torso is 16-16.5" right now. I figure 2" should get us to an age where she can do a booster herself. This is all new territory for us, though. So, I just dont know...

mama2girls

Can your kids swap seats? Put DS in the TF behind the driver and DD in the Radian outboard. I find it's helpful to ask other parents about PU/DO procedure too - do you know anyone else who goes to the school?

Dorothy

Can your kids swap seats? Put DS in the TF behind the driver and DD in the Radian outboard. I find it's helpful to ask other parents about PU/DO procedure too - do you know anyone else who goes to the school?

I dont know many people yet, but thats a good idea. I'll ask around. And I left a message at the school. Hopefully someone will call back.

DS has already outgrown the TF rfing by weight, unfortunately. I love that seat! He has a little time left in the MR, but the Radian with AA actually seems to take up a little less space.

DD is begging to keep the Vivo. Bless her little heart, she has been trying so hard to sit perfectly straight and learn to buckle. The dang buckle stalks are just too short and stiff. DH can barely do it! So, I will probably get her a taller harnessed seat (still looking at yhe P70) for my pickup and a booster for a spare in DH's since there's only one TT and DS will need to use a harnessed seat there.

Dorothy

Okay... Today was the first day of Kindy. There was not anyone to help the kids get in and out like they told me there would be. All the aids were standing up by the school doors, not by the curb. Luckily, I was able to get the Radian with AA behind the driver's seat. Yay! DH probably won't want to sit in the driver's seat, but I'm fine with it. And, now I can reach over to help DD unbuckle and get her stuff out. Plus, there won't be any kickboxing matches in my back seat now that both kiddos are outboard! ;)

Posted using the app. :)

Last edited:

MissieCSZ

Glad you got it figured out! I'd just like to say that this whole drop off/pick up procedure is entirely foreign to me, and I'm an elementary teacher who stands at the door watching the kids get picked up every day. People would think I was a total weirdo if I went over to a parent's car and tried to buckle/unbuckle the kid, lol. I suppose this is life in the city--our school doesn't even have a driveway, let alone parking or a pickup "lane."

But considering my son will likely go to school in the 'burbs, I guess this is what I have to look forward to in a few years ;-)

Dorothy

Its all new to me, too. And I'm totally the one holding up the car line. Big, heavy doors + little girl = It just takes a bit to get in and out.

Posted using the app. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC