Scenera rear facing installation

lrh

I recently purchased a Cosco Scenera for my 2.5 yo to replace a wider seat. We're expecting #3 in May and will need to fit 3 across in our 2002 Honda Civic.

I'd like to keep the 2.5 yo rear facing b/c she's on the small side and I know it's much safer. I just tried installing the Scenera behind the passenger seat. I thought it was in securely and that it fit, but then I realized that the line on the side of the seat that is supposed to be level with the ground was not level. When I tilted the seat to a steeper recline to make the line level, I found that it did not seem to be resting well against the seat (on the bottom) and that I had to move the front seat way up to make it fit. I'm only 5-3 but my husband is 6 ft, so I can't always keep the front seats way forward. I'd rather not move this seat to the middle (and I'm not sure even that would fit) b/c it sits much better on the outboard seats the way the seats curve and b/c I think I have a better chance of fitting 3 across with the Scenera outboard.

Any suggestions? For an older child (as opposed to an infant) sitting rear facing is it ok to put the Scenera at less of a reclined angle?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC