RF TrueFit position in '03 Rav4 (LATCH lookup?)

justKate

We're flying to see my parents tomorrow, and I'm taking DD (16 mos.) in her TrueFit. At the airport, we'll need to install the seat in my mom's 2003 Rav4, which we've never done before. I would prefer that DD RFs in the center position, but I'm not sure if this will be an option, and I'd like to have an install plan before we arrive.

Not sure that it matters, but DD is <20 lbs. and <30 inches. Probably taking the removable headrest even though she doesn't require it yet (she's all legs).

So:
--are there LATCH anchors (dedicated or borrow-able) in the center position of an '03 Rav4?
--if not, is the seatbelt/seat shape in the center condusive to a center installation?

Anything specific to the Rav4 that I need to be aware of? Usually I have Huz to help me with the install, and this time I'll only have my Dad who hasn't done this sort of thing before. Thanks in advance!!

Kate

ADS

Pixels

The center seat of that vehicle does not have dedicated LATCH anchors. Toyota does not allow borrowing.

The back seat seems to be a bench with a 50/50 split. There is a hinge right in the center of the middle seat. It looks like the center position has the seatbelt that comes from the ceiling and has two buckles.

Will there be an adult riding in the back seat as well as your daughter? The TF is pretty wide, you might need to put it outboard in order to fit the adult comfortably.

justKate

Will there be an adult riding in the back seat as well as your daughter? The TF is pretty wide, you might need to put it outboard in order to fit the adult comfortably.

Yes, we'll need to seat one adult in the back seat at least to and from the airport. Sounds like outboard is the way we'll have to go. It's only for five days, I just prefer center if possible.

Thanks for the info!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC