RF Radian harness height

macasa

Is it just me....or is there too big of a difference between the Radian RXT's harness height slots? There are the three "angled" slots on the bottom, a big space, and then two straight across slots at the top. My guy is still rear facing so my understanding is that the harness height needs to be AT or BELOW his shoulders. (Higher is only for FF). I'm annoyed because right now he's just a smidge too short for the second from the top, straight-across slots. And then if I put the harness through the highest "angled" slot (the next one down) it seems like it's just sooo low. When it's tightened it seems like it wraps up behind him and probably puts some pressure on top of his shoulders. If someone did that to me, I'd probably tend to slump down. (And no, the straps aren't too tight. If anything they are a hair too loose because the of how difficult it seems to get the stinkin Radian harness tightened properly).

So yeah....haha... other than that... love the Radian :p

ADS

tiggercat

macasa said:
Is it just me....or is there too big of a difference between the Radian RXT's harness height slots? There are the three "angled" slots on the bottom, a big space, and then two straight across slots at the top. My guy is still rear facing so my understanding is that the harness height needs to be AT or BELOW his shoulders. (Higher is only for FF). I'm annoyed because right now he's just a smidge too short for the second from the top, straight-across slots. And then if I put the harness through the highest "angled" slot (the next one down) it seems like it's just sooo low. When it's tightened it seems like it wraps up behind him and probably puts some pressure on top of his shoulders. If someone did that to me, I'd probably tend to slump down. (And no, the straps aren't too tight. If anything they are a hair too loose because the of how difficult it seems to get the stinkin Radian harness tightened properly).

So yeah....haha... other than that... love the Radian :p

We had the same problem. I moved the harness up to the 4th slot, they looked a bit high for a week or two and very soon he was definitively above them. As long as he has lots of shell above his head, I wouldn't have a problem moving them up if it improved the harness fit.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I made the parental decision to move DS's straps up to the 4th slot when they were like 1/4- 1/2 inch above his shoulders - it was way to hard for him to get his straps on otherwise, and really, at that point he was going baack and forth between diapers and underwear (diapers but him right at or over, underwear put him a little below).

amyd

tarynsmum said:
I made the parental decision to move DS's straps up to the 4th slot when they were like 1/4- 1/2 inch above his shoulders - it was way to hard for him to get his straps on otherwise, and really, at that point he was going baack and forth between diapers and underwear (diapers but him right at or over, underwear put him a little below).

I did the same.

atw

We have a similar problem, especially with the crotch strap out in the furthest setting, the harness easily over tightens and makes her all slouchy.

chrissymarie107

CPS Technician
Same problem here. I've made the parental decision to keep them a smidge above his shoulders. He's 30lbs so I moved the crotch buckle to the outer most slot, but I might move it back in and that will keep him from slouching.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC