Retrofit TA hooks on a 1989 Volvo 240 Wagon

Lilsid

I need to know if I can have a TA or two installed in a 1989 Volvo 240 Wagon.

I am selling my 1999 4 Runner and getting a mini van. We have to sell the 4 runner first and then I can find the van I want.

So while I am mini van shopping I am borrowing my brothers 1989 Volvo wagon. DD is in a Monterey or a Strada booster right now so she is fine with the seat belt. DS is in a BLVD 70 FF and I would like to have a TA to hook it to in the cargo area. I figure its too old a vehicle to able to retrofit but I thought I would ask. I can always turn DS RF for a while too. He just gets car sick RF so often that I turned him FF at 3 yrs.

I am also wondering if any one knows Volvo's seat belt replacement policy. I worry because the belts are 21 yrs. old in it too.

I just hope I sell my very clean and ready for sale 4 runner soon and I find the van I want even sooner. I am so stressed about this and I don't know why.

ADS

Mae

Yes, it seems like there are some! <Snipped to not confuse -- See Jeanum's post. :) > The LATCH manual also says you have three pre-drilled holes in the rear filler panel.

It also says that "the size of the bolt varies from year to year in certain models, such as the 240 and 740. Typically, 1990 vehicles have an 8mm bolt, 1991 have 5/16", 1992 have 5/16", and 1993 have 8mm bolts. Be certain the correct tether kit for the specific vehicle year is ordered."

I'm sorry that I'm not much help for the seat belt replacements, though. Perhaps call up your local dealer, or maybe somebody will chime in.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It's Volvo tether anchor retrofit part number 3525051-3 called a "Tether Hook" for the 1989 240 Wagon model and there are 3 tether anchor points on the back of the seat for retrofitting up to 3 top tether anchors. Mae beat me to it with the detailed info. but please note the slight difference in the part number for the wagon model. The part Mae posted is for the '78-93 Volvo 240 sedan (and also the '78-93 260 sedan). :)

Mae

Oops! Sorry about that!

Jeanum always seems to catch my LATCH manual errors. She's awesome like that. :)

Lilsid

Yea thanks so much I am so happy. So do I call the parts department for this? Or do I call service, I am clueless?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Either should be able to help you I would think (or transfer you to parts or service if needed, lol). Fingers crossed it goes smoothly for you. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC