Replacement HUGS for Boulevard Clicktight

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My sister turned her 2 year old FF without consulting me first. [emoji45] I asked to make sure she was tethering the seat, that she had the harness at or above my niece's shoulders, and that she was using the HUGS pads. (My sister lives halfway across the country, so this was communicated via text.)

With the exception of he harness height, she had no idea what I was talking about, so she flipped her daughter back RF until she can troubleshoot. (Good move!)

She described the tether as having two attachment points (which I assumed referred to the two places that the Versa tether attaches to the seat, but she said that it has two places to attach to the car????) She is sending me a photo of the tether situation soon (I hope) but she thinks she lost the HUGS.

I am in no particular hurry now that I know she flipped my niece back RF for the time being, but assuming she does intend to flip her FF, has anyone had luck with ordering new HUGS pads from Britax? I am not seeing them available on the "replacement parts" section for her seat. Anyone know how much they would cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Sounds like she's talking about the lower anchors with the two attachment points. Can you send her a photo of a Britax tether so she knows what you mean? Or better yet, see if she'll meet with a tech local to her?

She can order new HUGS from Britax. They probably won't cost much but shipping is insane. Have her call.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Sounds like she's talking about the lower anchors with the two attachment points. Can you send her a photo of a Britax tether so she knows what you mean? Or better yet, see if she'll meet with a tech local to her?

She can order new HUGS from Britax. They probably won't cost much but shipping is insane. Have her call.

Oooooh. Yeah, maybe! It didn't occur to me that she might be talking about the LA, I don't think I have ever even seen the lower anchor strap on ours -- we've only used the seatbelt and RF tether.

I did suggest that she meet with a local tech, but I think it is unlikely that she will.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The LA on the CT are stored behind the seat (under the "butt" area, down where the base contacts the seat.). The top tether... um... y'know? I'm not sure I've installed one FF! Lol!

ETA: From images looks like a flip down white door on the rear. Don't have time to download a manual at the moment! Bad tech! :/

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'll take a look at ours when my in-laws come up today. A flip down white door sounds familiar. Ours has been out of the storage since we got it because we have it connected to the D ring for a RF tether, so I didn't think about the fact that it would still be "hidden" on my sister's.

Dillipop

Vent coming-

Your post reminded me to call Britax about the anti-rebound bar they told me 3 weeks ago was in stock but isn't listed on their website. Whole point is that they responded this morning that it is in stock, contrary to their website, and I just need to call, with all the necessary info from the seat. Which they did not tell me during the original email contact.

Which pisses me off, because
1. I hate calling people,
2. I have a whole list of things to purchase so that shipping doesn't kill me,
3. I like to physically look at my orders before purchasing something, and
4. now I have to go out to the numerous seats I need to purchase things for and find the #^&*^*^&* model numbers and dates of manufacture, which you don't need online!

Vent over.

aporthole

Yes, just have her call Britax on Monday. They will likely send them for free.

Have her go to Britax's website. Click services and support, then installation videos/user manuals and select her exact seat. Having her read through the entire manual would be optimal but realistically, many parents won't. That's where the videos come in handy (and are great even if they do read the manual).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC