Replacement Frontier Covers

mommy2aftan

I usually just lurk over here, but I post on another carseat board and was requested to come over and let you guys know that you CAN get replacement covers for the original Frontier. My pink sky cover was snagged horribly from my 3 1/2 year old's feet and I called Britax on Monday and Wednesday my new cover was here. Instead of mesh on the bottom part where the kid's bottom goes, it is that velour material. It covers the entire bottom portion and the mesh only goes up the back. It is black velour, which is nice b/c it hides the dirt. I have pics, but I lost my cord to my camera, so I am unable to upload the pics right now of it. It is a very nice replacement to the old cover. We are very pleased.

ADS

2BunniesMommy

Where are you? If you are in the U.S. I am very excited by this and will be calling Britax soon. If you are in Cananda, I had heard about this cover being available in Canada a while back and was very sad I couldn't get one. Please let me know!

stephcali

Good to know! I'll be calling them tomorrow for sure. I just washed our Pink Sky and it still looks awful. It is just over a year old, so there is no way it will last me another 8. Especially since I will be handing it down to DD2 when we get a Frontier 85 for DD1.

Was yours still under warranty? Did you have to pay for it? I'm hoping I won't have to pay for a new one since I did call a while back and they said they put it on my file, but I probably would actually pay for it because of how awful it looks.

Mommy2Miracles

I live in the US and got my replacement Rushmore covers this week too. I emailed Britax pictures of the old covers, and I had the new ones in 8 days. They are fanstastic - all velour/micro fiber on the seat part instead of the mesh.

My seats were still under warranty so I didn't pay for the replacement covers. They didn't say I needed to return the old ones either so I plan on keeping them as back-up covers.

I'm at work other wise I would post picutres.

mommy2aftan

Yeah, I called them and they told me they would be sending a shipping label to return the old one. So, I got told something different. I am going to hang on to them for back up until they come and pry it from my cold, dead hands :)~ My seat was under warranty, as well. I had called a while ago about the problem, before there were replacement covers, and they told me they'd make a note in my file if it came out after my warranty expired (b/c they kept pushing the release date for the covers back). My warranty is up on 3/4.

2BunniesMommy

Well, I called. Actually got up early to do so! My DOM is 10/08, so it is actuallly out of warranty. Since I have been calling every couple months since April asking when new covers were coming, they are replacing it. I was so relieved by that and am glad I did make all those calls since otherwise I would just be out of warranty and out of luck. I do have to send back the old one, which really isn't that old because I bought it as a replacement from a member here. It is in much better shape than the one I had before, but oh well. The new one should stay in great shape, so that makes me feel much better. I was upset because I figured with the new Frontier 85 coming out that I would not be able to get a better cover for mine. I was given the choice of Pink Sky or Rushmore. I decided to stick with Pink Sky.

stephcali

I totally forgot they were on the East Coast and missed being able to call them by about 15 minutes today (because they closed at 3:45 :(). But that's a bummer about having to send back the old cover, I was hoping I'd be able to keep it as a back up, regardless of the horrible condition it is in, something would be better than nothing!

So I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to call, I hope I get the same response!

stephcali

Just wanted to update with what I received :) I finally got around to calling them on March 10. She looked up my file and saw that I had indeed called about it back in October. So even though my 1 year warranty was up (beginning of Feb.) they sent me a replacement Pink Sky the next day (I got it in the mail today). Although she did tell me they didn't have them in stock so it might be a while, I guess she was wrong about that ;)

The new one I got was exactly like a picture I've seen of the Canadian version where the entire seat part is black, and not mesh :thumbsup: And there was nothing in my conversation with her about having to send my old one back and there wasn't anything in the package to indicate that either. So now I have a backup cover, which I have no problem using my icky original cover as a back up in a pinch :) So I'm pretty happy with the whole response I received.

Now if they would just do away with the mesh altogether, and get some cute covers for the FR85 I would be an even happier Britax owner :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC