Regent?

Northriver

The price on the Regent keeps dropping and although I don't need a new seat right now, I can't hardly restrain myself from buying a new Regent. If I do want one in the future, I'd like to have the option of having one. Am I crazy to think this?

I don't like the cover on the Frontier. While there "should" be plenty of harness height on the Frontier, my almost 6 yr old niece is on the top slot and frankly I was surprised that she'll be outgrowing the harness so soon. Again, I don't know that I will want to harness past age 5, but I'd like to have the option.

My daughter is 4, 35# and 42". Our primary seat is a Boulevard, and it is so hard to tell but it looks to me like we only have 1" of shell height left. Even though the seat still fits my child, I'd love to have a seat that is lower to my vehicle seat so it is easier to get in and out of. We love "wings", mostly because we spend a lot of time in the car and they make great pillows. This is one thing keeping me from buying a Regent right now, as it is wingless. But, $165/free shipping for a Regent - what is there to loose? We can use it until we are ready to booster, then pass it on to a friend.

Exactly how much more harness height does the Regent have over the Frontier? Because we travel, I'd like to have the option of extended harnessing because that way she can sleep and I wouldn't have to worry about her slumping out of proper booster position when she was asleep in the car.

Finally, I drive a RAV4. Any chance anyone has any idea how the Regent fits in a RAV4? The Frontier fits like a charm with LATCH but I don't know how it will do with a seatbelt install if it comes to that someday.

I've read a ton of threads on the Regent vs. Frontier discussion and I still don't know what to think. I guess if the price was the same, I'd go for the Frontier. But the current low prices on the Regent are really nagging at me!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC