Regent and FPSVD next to each other?

ANGELINTC82

Since my Jeep is only able to have tethers installed in the center, I will have to put my Regent in the center position. Does anyone know if my FPSVD will fit RF next to it on the passenger side? Its in a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

ADS

MomToEliEm

Bumping this up to see if someone might be familiar with this vehicle.

The two seats might puzzle well together since the FPSVD is up on a tall base while the regent is down low. Once the fisher price seat is moved forward facing though, it may be more of an issue getting them to puzzle together. Since it sounds like you have both seats in your possession, give it a try and see how well it installs.

1carseatcrazymama

CPS Technician
I have not installed those seats in a Cherokee but I do own both of those seats and have installed them in my husband's Nissan Titan side by side with the FPSVD rear facing. I had no problem getting them installed correctly. Of course your Jeep may be different. Of course I moved them apart after our guest was gone because the kids pestered each other way too much! Let us know how it works out.

ANGELINTC82

I actually don't have the Regent yet. I am getting one from the Kyle David Miller Foundation but the only spot in my Jeep where I can have a tether installed is the middle. I was hoping that someone might have tried it before since I can't test it myself.

1carseatcrazymama

CPS Technician
My sister in law has a 2004 Jeep Cherokee (not Grand). If you would like I can try to install my seats in her Jeep tomorrow night and see what happens. We have Parent Teacher Conference tomorrow and she is watching my boys so if I get a chance I will try. I don't know how different the 9 years in the model will be but worth a try I guess.

ANGELINTC82

If you have the time and are willing, that would be great! I don't have a Babies r Us near us or I would just go there and try it myself.

1carseatcrazymama

CPS Technician
Ok I finally got a chance to play in my SIL's Jeep last night. I did manage to get the FPSVD rear facing on the outboard side and the Regent in the center position. It was a wrestling match at first but they did seem to fit together well. I did not use latch. I used seat belts only. I hope that doesn't mess you up. I got tight installs on both, though there is not much room on the other outboard side for a passenger unless they are small. I did try the Regent on the outboard side with the FPSVD in the middle just for kicks and I couldn't get as good of an install. Her seats are very flat and that helped a lot. If there is any hump in your center position you may have problems getting a good install with either seat. All and all it is do-able.:thumbsup:

ANGELINTC82

Thanks so much! I think that the newer Jeeps are very similar to the older ones as far as seat styles, so I should be alright. I also had a friend try it for me and she told me the same thing. I only have seat belts, so it works perfect.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC